Onkyo 507 & sky+HD problems

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a samsung sky+ hd box and when I connect it to the onkyo receiver I lose all the functions on the sky remote control. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

daveh75

There's no benefit in connecting your Sky HD to the onkyo 507 via HDMI anyway(other than for video switching) ,as it doesn't upscale and Sky HD cant output DD 5.1 over HDMI.

So if you've got enough HDMI input's on your TV,i'd by-pass the receiver and just connect SkyHD directly to the TV with HDMI and to the receiver with optical for surround sound.

A

Anonymous

I only have one HDMI lead which is within the wall, so although I agree that the way forward is to connect the sky via an optical lead I will not be able to conect other devises such as DVD, games consol etc. I bought the amp on the assumption I would conect everthing to it and have one lead to the TV. I would like to keep the amp but fear I will have to take it back and swap for an alternative!

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Sorry but I don't understand how or why the Sky+HD box can stop responding to remote functions just because it is connected via the amp. I can only assume there is a fault somewhere. Could HDMI Control be causing it? Just thinking out loud there, I really have no idea why this is happening. I have never heard of this before but I hope you find a solution.

A

Anonymous

Could it have anything to do with my TV? I have a Philips 42PF5520D/10 which does not have an HDMI input, instead it has a DVI-I port with a separate DVI audio.
With the Sky HD connected to the Onkyo (both turned on) and the Onkyo connected to the TV via an HDMI lead and DVI adapter I have the same problem even with the TV switched off. If I remove the HDMI lead from the DVI adaptor at the TV the functions come back on the Sky box and remote.

Sky HD works fine through the HDMI lead and adaptor if the Onkyo is not connected.

Anyone have any ideas? Please....

TRENDING THREADS