One dissapointed has led to amazing finding

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
I was due to purchase a new set of Rega RS3's this month, but due to the economy I had a flat month (i know lucky to still have a job), so speakers on hold for a while.

In the now void I decided to rip a couple of CD's in WAV and stream them to my PS3 and out through my cinema system.

WOW, the burning itching feeling to buy a really large external hard drive is rather tempting. Quality is amazing, cant wait to hear what it sounds like when I eventually stream to a dedicated 2 Ch system.

Still be upgrading stereo in time but this is a cheap alternative at the moment
emotion-2.gif

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Just note that it's a bit of a pain setting up playlists on the PS3 from music stored on an external drive in that your only choice was to have music in folders meaning if you wanted the same song in two playlists, you had to have two copies of the song on the drive (or at least it always used to be, haven't tried for a while). If you're wanting to use playlists, better to upgrade the internal drive.

And goodness me if I haven't created a handy guide on how to do so
emotion-5.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Thanks prof, just commenting on how good it sounds, think I might be converting to the dark side (maybe SONOS, aiport express external DAC) oooh the possibilities are endless
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
So True Blue, what is it you are buying/expecting to buy? (Apart from the RS3's)

I seem to remember a Naim amp + CD was mentioned.

Maybe the naimuniti could be the answer. One box (includes CD + amp + DAC + internet radio/DAB/FM tuner) and you can stream from your computer (or an HD) all for £1995.

The Rega RS1's are no slouch either (they sounded great with the Naim XS) and will suit the naimuniti well and save you £300 on the price of your speakers.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Well this month was going to be the RS3's. Later this year a Naim Nait 5i (or XS depending on budget), I loved the synergy of the Naim 5i CDP as well. I was looking at next year adding something like SONOS, but am having a major rethink at the moment. Uniti could well be the way forward, who knows. I might drop the CDP alltogether and get an external DAC. But one thing at a time a nice set of RS3's first
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

I should be picking my Rega R5's in a couple of days. The waiting is so difficult :( but it will be worth im sure :) they were the best floor standers to my ears in their price bracket wooohooo

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts