One channel barely working

josbd

Dec 19, 2005
Visit site
My system (Caspian M2 amp and cd player, ProAc Response D2) is suddenly barely audible on the lh channel. I can hear (barely) a tinny sound which reminds me of headphones when you set them down without switching off your music. I have checked out the amp fuses, and swapped out speaker leads... Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions please? Thanks for reading!

Gray

My system (Caspian M2 amp and cd player, ProAc Response D2) is suddenly barely audible on the lh channel. I can hear (barely) a tinny sound which reminds me of headphones when you set them down without switching off your music. I have checked out the amp fuses, and swapped out speaker leads... Does anyone have any thoughts/suggestions please? Thanks for reading!
Your description suggests you're hearing only the ribbon tweeter from the left speaker.
First, ensure that the 4 left speaker's terminals are all screwed firmly down on the shorting links and see if that brings back the LF.
Otherwise, you've swapped 'out' speaker leads, but have you swapped them over?
Do an elimination process in the following order:
Swap L & R speaker leads over at the amp terminals.
If the tinny sound changes to the right speaker, the fault is with the amp, CDP or their interconnecting lead. Reconnect speakers to correct amp terminals, then:
whether you're using XLR or RCA interconnection leads, swap the L & R channels over at the amp inputs.
If the L speaker is still the tinny one, then the fault is within the amp.
If the tinny sound changed to the R speaker, the problem is with the CDP or interconnect.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts