20 years in the making - my Cyrus/Arcam/Mission system

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Andy G XXX said:
Many thanks Cno,

The Arcam/Cyrus combination works very well, with some vintage DPA in the middle it's a good showcase for the Brits!

I have not yet gone down the streaming route although the time will inevitably come and I recently picked up a new n router to replace my ageing g router. I don't really have a lot of spare time for listening to new music, which is what is holding me back. I did recently get an iPod and Wadia 170i, just for the convenience of being able to download a few tunes now and then. Funnily enough I may go down the vinyl route before I invest in streaming.

Short term I'm thinking about Tellurium Q black and longer term replacing the main speakers, and those are my priorities for now. Did you go down the Tellurium Q route yourself? I saw that you were impressed in another thread.

Andy

Hi Andy

With regard to streaming your music collection from a NAS.....once done, you'll never look back, and IMO a Linn DS is so good, it makes you question the need for the hassle of a TT (I had several over 15 years or so).

I don't use TQ, but Cardas cables.....but having heard the Blacks, I was so impressed that I have been recommending them since. There are now, a few very happy owners on here, which is great. IMO They are a "must listen" at their price range.....a good dealer will let you borrow them.

When you're ready to look at speakers, you might like to consider PMC and Kef R Series, which are a great match with Arcam.

TRENDING THREADS