One awesome set up or multiple less awesome set ups - what do you prefer?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have two systems, one permanent, well I hope so, and one that I chop and change a bit which I am thorourghly enjoying.

I am buying different amps so have two at a time see which one I prefer and move the other on, currently deciding on Alpha 9 or NAd C370.

I enjoying my own extended home demo's and trying different things from which I mainly see here to see what works, have also bought and sold a few cables.

I am patient in my purchases to get a good price and have yet to lose out on my purchases.

It also takes me away from more expensive upgraditis, so I think if you put all your bucks on one killer system, you may still get a more expensive bug.

If you have the space you might as well have the systems, just my view.

Good luck tho' if you decide to go for the biggie.

Paul.

A nice big deep skillet is the perfect Bolognese tool for the impatient carnivore. The wide bottom causes a thinner payload meaning it cooks faster. Its also easier to reduce.

toyota man

Apr 22, 2009
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
A nice big deep skillet is the perfect Bolognese tool for the impatient carnivore. The wide bottom causes a thinner payload meaning it cooks faster. Its also easier to reduce.

All this talk of cooking and food I am now hungry and the wife informs me the kitchin is now closed they arn't the exact words used but I think thats what she means:rofl:

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:

Can I take it you mean carnivore and not piscivore?

Btw I use a big wok for bolognese :)

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
omnibeard said:
moon said:
Sorry to be off topic Omnibeard but these are issues that need ironing out.

Damn straight - this needs sorting out! God knows I've gone off topic myself!

I thought i'd apologise anyway. Isn't it forum etiquet? whilst it might be considered acceptable to go off topic on your own thread, you must either apologise or ask permission if you intend to do so in another persons thread.

Incidently I am currently cooking Spag Bol in a deep skillet, and before you ask, no onions, only garlic and yes Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, whilst listening to Chick Corea on my kitchen system, which sounds ...... great.

So back on to topic, actually I think it is essential to have two systems. one awesome system and one remarkably good kitchen system.

moon

omnibeard

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
moon said:
I thought i'd apologise anyway. Isn't it forum etiquet? whilst it might be considered acceptable to go off topic on your own thread, you must either apologise or ask permission if you intend to do so in another persons thread.

Very polite - I think even Native Bon would be impressed with your manners.

Back on topic - I'm quite easily impressed by semi-decent set ups, and in my life it's better to have 3 or 4 set ups that make me smile rather than one that makes me poop myself.

moon

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
omnibeard said:
moon said:
then pictures in the my syste, section? :)

Yeah, I'll be in my turquoise sequined hot pants, matching cowboy boots and 10 gallon hat.

You won't be looking at the stereo.

what colour cloth did go for on the monopulse speakers, you might clash

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts