Onboard and offboard decoding of blu-ray hi-def soundtacks.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have an audio delay with blu-ray discs but not DVDs, which can be copensated for by the amp, but means re-setting when I switch between formats. One possible solution seems to be to use the blu-ray (Denon 2500BT) to output audio as PCM. Does this approach lose quality in comparison with streaming the hi def soundtrack for the amp to decode instead? Many thanks. 12th

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
12th:I have an audio delay with blu-ray discs but not DVDs, which can be copensated for by the amp, but means re-setting when I switch between formats. One possible solution seems to be to use the blu-ray (Denon 2500BT) to output audio as PCM. Does this approach lose quality in comparison with streaming the hi def soundtrack for the amp to decode instead?Many thanks.12th

I think that there should be no loss of quality as PCM will be decoded by the BDP and HD Audio out via HDMI would be decoded by your Amp

I'm led to believe that they are one and the same thing it is just where they are decoded that is different

Any support for this view?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that, I'm hoping that you are right. The slight fly in the ointment is that I don;t think I can switch between them 'on the fly' as it were, which makes a comparison just a little more difficult.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts