Blu ray to DAC - best optical cable?

joe15hifi

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I'm considering (5 metre) optical connection from Blu Ray to my Q-DAC, does anyone recommend/have experience with any alternatives to (? best option?) the QED Performance graphite digital optical ? Cheers

System Marantz PM8003/cd6005, Q-dac, Panasonic Bluray DMR-BS750, Quad speakers, XT40 cable

joe15hifi

PS Additional point - intended setup is essentially for music listening (standard cd/Bluray or high quality audio 24 bit/96khz discs) listening, additional televisual features on DVD discs are nice but really only of secondary interest). I'm also assuming digital output from the Bluray is ? probably better than that from my TV (Panasonic TXL32)?

Also does anybody know whether I have to fiddle with Bluray audio out settings to switch between TV(HDMI) and Bluray(best audio I can configure - via DAC and amp)??

Cheers in advance...

K

keeper of the quays

joe15hifi said:
Hi, 

I'm considering (5 metre) optical connection from Blu Ray to my Q-DAC, does anyone recommend/have experience with any alternatives to (? best option?) the QED Performance graphite digital optical ? Cheers

System Marantz PM8003/cd6005, Q-dac, Panasonic Bluray DMR-BS750, Quad speakers, XT40 cable

joe15hifi

PS Additional point - intended setup is essentially for music listening (standard cd/Bluray or high quality audio 24 bit/96khz discs) listening, additional televisual features on DVD discs are nice but really only of secondary interest). I'm also assuming digital output from the Bluray is ? probably better than that from my TV (Panasonic TXL32)?

Also does anybody know whether I have to fiddle with Bluray audio out settings to switch between TV(HDMI) and Bluray(best audio I can configure - via DAC and amp)??

Cheers in advance...
I bought a cheap optical from amazon...it works very well..im not so sure of differences with optical cables? They are all very good...my cheap optical compared well with my more expensive interconnects..

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
In my experience you can spend lots of cash to a cable and at each turn you *believe* it changes. To keep yourself sane just buy a professional toslink cable from, say Vandamme from ebay.
As a final note I'd like to share that I've had quite a few dacs, low middle and high end. I used them all with a bluray player and only when the dac in question had a buffer and resampled the signal, then the source didn't matter for the end result.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts