Audiolab m dac no sound from blu ray

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Trying to get the box count down, so I replaced my cd transport with my blu ray player. I've tried optical and coaxial from my blu ray player and no sound comes out ?

The Audiolab mdac seems to sense something it says 44.1khz and I've tried all audio settings in blu ray player a Panasonic bet bd700? But nothing works? I've even unplugged from blu Ray and plugged back into cd transport and it works ? What am I doing wrong ?

I've set digital audio output to PMC

also optical/coaxial down sampling to 48khz ?

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
Dvddvd said:
Trying to get the box count down, so I replaced my cd transport with my blu ray player. I've tried optical and coaxial from my blu ray player and no sound comes out ?

The Audiolab mdac seems to sense something it says 44.1khz and I've tried all audio settings in blu ray player a Panasonic bet bd700? But nothing works? I've even unplugged from blu Ray and plugged back into cd transport and it works ? What am I doing wrong ?

I've set digital audio output to PMC

also optical/coaxial down sampling to 48khz ?
Try setting the output to bitstream from the blu-ray. Also try another cable to see if this is the problem. Further more make sure you have selected the right input on the M-DAC. Good luck.

Leeps

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Couple of things.

Presumably you're playing a CD on the Panasonic and not actually a Bluray?! (If it was a Bluray it would probably confuse the MDAC completely!). If you've not already done so, you'll probably need to alter the Panasonic's audio settings to "Stereo PCM" rather than "Bitstream".

Alternatively, unless you're listening through headphones from your MDAC, and your system isn't really high end, you could use the Panasonic straight into your amp using the stereo RCA outputs and bypass the DAC altogether. From my experience, Panasonic Bluray players that have RCA stereo outputs (so the midrange players) sound very comparable to half decent CD players.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
I got my Oppo set to Bitstream & no problems playing into my M-DAC with coaxial connected. I do fine the M-dac adds a little bit more drama & tension to the presentation hence he needs it in the path.

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I've tried both and nothing, ? My mdac locks onto the signal? It's just a regular cd I'm trying to play?

ive taken the optical and coaxial out of the blu ray player and straight into cd transport and all is fine.

so no problem with cables, and I've selected right input ? While messing with blu ray player I pressed menu on blu ray player and you get a 1/2 second of sound and the track listing appears on mdac for 1/2 second ?

ive

Dvddvd

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
Hi found it in the blu of Ray set up menu, it's not under the sound set up menu, it was under high quality playback menu, you had the choice outputting audio in HDMI, optical or analogue only, it was set at HDMI only. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts