OLED the clear winner now?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 197450

I'm not sure why you think that way. It's not like a new restaurant that's opened in town which you want to try out, or always wanting to go to one but haven't yet. People normally buy just one TV and keep it for several years.

I think it's more important for you to shift your focus to something else, like taking up an activity / sports / running etc. The thrill of a purchase satisfies a particular area in the brain which is what you're addicted to.....you can get similar thrill by pursuing your hobbies or having small targets to achieve in sports or physical activity.
Went for a walk today my first real physical one for months! It was good though, I will have to try and get back on target of 30 min walk each day. (y)

D

Deleted member 197450

I feel all of these things too:

D

Deleted member 197450

Sounds like you are heeding the warning signs - which is good.
I also don’t buy that much but I cancel a lot. But when I do buy that’s all my money gone usually! Few demons there from when I hear voices and what they say to me and the effect they have on me. That’s when my problems really started. I am going to try and not spend any money on home cinema for years. I don’t need anything.

D

Deleted member 197450

We're all familiar with the demon of temptation - I try to build up to major purchases these days, and have talked myself out of a few!
I am getting better and waiting and thinking about purchases sometimes but usually I am too impulsive! Well quite a lot of the time.

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 197450

Being aware of your patterns is half the battle.
Just given my credit card to my dad, I reckon I should just have a debit card though and not credit card that would soon stop my spending. Lloyds took away my debit card though because I never used it, I will have to apply for it again and cancel the credit card.

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 197450

Agreed. I had my dad’s Pioneer 427XD plasma 42-inch TV which he had in the lounge since 2006/7! Purchased from John Lewis for £2000 with a 5 year warranty. Sold it on Facebook though last year. I have had 2 Panasonic OLED TVs too but sold both. :) Pioneer and Panasonic plasmas have always been good. I did buy the Panasonic 50V20 then Panasonic 42V20 then went back to Panasonic 50V20, then Panasonic 50VT30 and then Panasonic 50GT50 and finally the Panasonic 50VT65 which I had calibrated and then sold after a little while to big boss. And the Pioneer 5090 plasma TV which I bought on eBay.
Picture of Pioneer 427xd plasma TV:6C4E28B9-EB76-467A-8F3A-0F6BEC105B55.png

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

Tinman1952

I also don’t buy that much but I cancel a lot. But when I do buy that’s all my money gone usually! Few demons there from when I hear voices and what they say to me and the effect they have on me. That’s when my problems really started. I am going to try and not spend any money on home cinema for years. I don’t need anything.
The trouble is HiFi and Home Cinema items (particularly TVs) are such expensive items!
I have just started collecting inexpensive watches in the 'under £100' category. You get to compare different designs, brands and products (some phenomenal bargains to be had...) and have the thrill of a carefully considered new purchase...but it's a lot cheaper! 😀

D

Deleted member 197450

The trouble is HiFi and Home Cinema items (particularly TVs) are such expensive items!
I have just started collecting inexpensive watches in the 'under £100' category. You get to compare different designs, brands and products (some phenomenal bargains to be had...) and have the thrill of a carefully considered new purchase...but it's a lot cheaper! 😀
I know really expensive habit. I saved all of last year then spent it all virtually in a month! I am desperate to avoid this again.

Nice one, that sounds good. (y)

TRENDING THREADS