OLED the clear winner now?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
D

Deleted member 197450

I have been after another TV for a while now and I thought this would be really good and cheap option. My sister has the 50-inch and loves it. Just going to use it for gaming and protect my LG OLED TV.

I have been after another TV for a while now and I thought this would be really good and cheap option. My sister has the 50-inch and loves it. Just going to use it for gaming and protect my LG OLED TV.
How many TVs in your room now? I've never heard of anyone buying a TV to "protect" another TV! Didn't you already have the Samsung 75-inch QLED?

D

Deleted member 197450

How many TVs in your room now? I've never heard of anyone buying a TV to "protect" another TV! Didn't you already have the Samsung 75-inch QLED?
1 LG OLED and now 2 with this Hisense QLED. Yep, the Samsung 75-inch QLED was mine but I swapped it with my dad for the LG OLED. I had think about swapping back again but it’s way too heavy to carry again and I wasn’t 100 per cent happy with it.

D

Deleted member 197450

Ok, I thought your dad didn't watch TV anyway.
No, he has a home cinema system too. I just cancelled the Hisense TV though you’re right when I thought about it I didn’t really need it. Cheers! (y)

Reactions: bigboss
D

Deleted member 197450

We've got a 50" Panasonic plasma in the bedroom, about ten years old, I would guess, superseded by a 65" version from about five years ago, then the LG OLED last year. Significant gains in every aspect of picture quality along the way.
Agreed. I had my dad’s Pioneer 427XD plasma 42-inch TV which he had in the lounge since 2006/7! Purchased from John Lewis for £2000 with a 5 year warranty. Sold it on Facebook though last year. I have had 2 Panasonic OLED TVs too but sold both. :) Pioneer and Panasonic plasmas have always been good. I did buy the Panasonic 50V20 then Panasonic 42V20 then went back to Panasonic 50V20, then Panasonic 50VT30 and then Panasonic 50GT50 and finally the Panasonic 50VT65 which I had calibrated and then sold after a little while to big boss. And the Pioneer 5090 plasma TV which I bought on eBay.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick
D

Deleted member 197450

We've got a 50" Panasonic plasma in the bedroom, about ten years old, I would guess, superseded by a 65" version from about five years ago, then the LG OLED last year. Significant gains in every aspect of picture quality along the way.
Although I would now still like a plasma I never did really get on with them! Bought the first LG OLED which was £8000 and the first Panasonic OLED TV which again was £8000 original price.

D

Deleted member 197450

Part of me would like the LG 65G2 this year, I also have unfinished business with Sony OLED TVs.

D

Deleted member 197450

You can still buy one Panasonic plasma 50-inch TV here:

Ex-display and a 1 year warranty. Comes with stand but no 3D glasses. A tad on the expensive side though for a 11-12 years old plasma! :)

Reactions: doifeellucky

doifeellucky

You can still buy one Panasonic plasma 50-inch TV here:

Ex-display and a 1 year warranty. Comes with stand but no 3D glasses. A tad on the expensive side though for a 11-12 years old plasma! :)
No idea how they can justify that price. Someone must have been using it. I might make them an offer. Richer sounds had it at £699 before it was discontinued. Must be worth about £300.

D

Deleted member 197450

No idea how they can justify that price. Someone must have been using it. I might make them an offer. Richer sounds had it at £699 before it was discontinued. Must be worth about £300.
Already tried to get a discount and they said no! :rolleyes:

Reactions: doifeellucky
Part of me would like the LG 65G2 this year, I also have unfinished business with Sony OLED TVs.
I'm not sure why you think that way. It's not like a new restaurant that's opened in town which you want to try out, or always wanting to go to one but haven't yet. People normally buy just one TV and keep it for several years.

I think it's more important for you to shift your focus to something else, like taking up an activity / sports / running etc. The thrill of a purchase satisfies a particular area in the brain which is what you're addicted to.....you can get similar thrill by pursuing your hobbies or having small targets to achieve in sports or physical activity.

Reactions: buzz_lightclick

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts