OLED motion resolution

Superaintit

Feb 8, 2009
Visit site
I think OLED tvs look great and plan to buy one in the near future. Having seen one of the first OLEDs I was really impressed with color rendition. However, I'm still not sure they're quite there yet on all aspects. Reading an article on hdtv test I gather OLED in it's current implementation has some trouble with motion. As I have only seen displays on demo in the shop, I'd like to hear from people who actually owned one what their impression is how well motion is displayed and if they could see judder.

"As a sample-and-hold display, the 65-inch LG G6 OLED, in spite of its instantaneous pixel response time, still appears with inherent motion blur, due to the workings of our eyes and brain. LG’s “TruMotion” motion interpolation system is on-board, and its “User” setting features separate Blur Reduction (good) and Judder Reduction (bad!) sliders, although even with Judder Reduction set to its minimum position, we noticed some interpolation effects, so shut it off entirely with 24fps film content.

Forgive the comparison to non-UHD, non-HDR capable displays, but the now-obsolete plasma and CRT technologies are still best for sharp motion, although in the case of plasma, this came at the expense of other artefacts."

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:
I think OLED tvs look great and plan to buy one in the near future. Having seen one of the first OLEDs I was really impressed with color rendition. However, I'm still not sure they're quite there yet on all aspects. Reading an article on hdtv test I gather OLED in it's current implementation has some trouble with motion. As I have only seen displays on demo in the shop, I'd like to hear from people who actually owned one what their impression is how well motion is displayed and if they could see judder.

"As a sample-and-hold display, the 65-inch LG G6 OLED, in spite of its instantaneous pixel response time, still appears with inherent motion blur, due to the workings of our eyes and brain. LG’s “TruMotion” motion interpolation system is on-board, and its “User” setting features separate Blur Reduction (good) and Judder Reduction (bad!) sliders, although even with Judder Reduction set to its minimum position, we noticed some interpolation effects, so shut it off entirely with 24fps film content.

Forgive the comparison to non-UHD, non-HDR capable displays, but the now-obsolete plasma and CRT technologies are still best for sharp motion, although in the case of plasma, this came at the expense of other artefacts."
Motion was fantastic on all the OLED TVs I have owned. No judder either. The OLEDs include 55ea980w LG, Panasonic 65cz952 and the LG 55eg960v and these were on calibrated settings and normal settings and THX settings. I have no idea what the reviews are on about but they are wrong!

D

Deleted member 2457

I have demoed virtually every OLED there has been too and the rest were the same too. Nothing wrong with the Sky picture either.

Series1boy

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
gel said:
Superaintit said:

Motion was fantastic on all the OLED TVs I have owned. No judder either. The OLEDs include 55ea980w LG, Panasonic 65cz952 and the LG 55eg960v and these were on calibrated settings and normal settings and THX settings. I have no idea what the reviews are on about but they are wrong!

he's had a few as well.... :)

D

Deleted member 2457

Series1boy said:
gel said:
Superaintit said:

he's had a few as well.... :)
*biggrin*

D

Deleted member 2457

Superaintit said:
Thanks guys. I will do a proper demo to see if it is worth it.
Football is a good one you will see that it's perfect.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts