Old Audiolab 8000A Amp Replacement

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi All

Having just spent a pleasant Sunday at the Sound And Vision show i have begun to think about replacing my very old Audiolab 8000A,must be 20years old now,and wondered what people considered the nearest equivalent today.Will be running an Arcam CD72 through Castle Severn speakers and am looking at around £500 as a budget.

Thanks

Andy

John Duncan

Sounds like a new Audiolab (8000S?) will fit the bill - price is certainly right. Can't comment on how it compares to the old one as I never heard one back in the day but the new one sounded great on passing acquantance with it's matching CD player. Plenty of other options out there though - Creek, NAD, Marantz, Rega. I can't personally recommend a matching Arcam, though others here will, depends on your listening habits.

A

Anonymous

I used to have a Audiolab 8000A, it was seriously beaten by a Sonneteer Campion, the Sonneteer is far far better, the Audiolab was good, the Sonneteer is amazing.

A

Anonymous

Hi all

Thanks for your thoughts this may take a while to decide

Andy

A

Anonymous

[quote user="silly"]I used to have a Audiolab 8000A, it was seriously beaten by a Sonneteer Campion, the Sonneteer is far far better, the Audiolab was good, the Sonneteer is amazing.[/quote]

Perhaps so, but is that not outside the £500 budget?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts