Oh no not cables again !!!

camcroft

Hi.I have recently got a Project Carbon turntable which can be used with any interconnects.I am using Chord cables for the speakers and the CDP do you think that I should use Chord to connect between the turntable and amp I am using QED Quinex 2 at the moment.Would the Chord cable make a difference.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
In fact, it could make a difference because the output from cartridges are so low. You need low capacitance cables such as component video cables, preferably as short as possible.

Captain Duff

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Well without opening cable wars part 9,605, I agree that with TT phono outputs being a weaker signal there is more of a reasonable theory behind getting a reasonable phono cable. How about a well thought of Linn Black (fleabay for around £30)? As far as I'm aware this was actually developed by Linn as a good quality TT cable for the LP12 for the reasons stated, so it should be just the ticket for your needs but without at the same time breaking the bank.

Whether it would actually improve on your existing cable is another question entirely, but you wouldn't loose much by trying out both and then re-selling the one you personally think sounds inferior...

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I shall mention only once, I use Linn IC's from ebay £25 max and am happy with them, have tried a few others from cheap to not cheap, at this price they are good value in my opinion and sensible money gets a decent product.

Good luck.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Shanka said:
Hi, I shall mention only once, I use Linn IC's from ebay £25 max and am happy with them, have tried a few others from cheap to not cheap, at this price they are good value in my opinion and sensible money gets a decent product. Good luck.

I agree. These Linn Blacks are a great choice; as are the Silvers if you want better.

camcroft

Hi. I have tried the Chord and the QED cables in my signiture on the Carbon at first I prefered the Chord but as some people do I read the new WHF review of the Atlas Element Integra in which they seamed to think it had a slight edge over the Chord Crimson Plus well my wallet magically opened and I was online ordering one .It arrived this morning so I listened firstly with the Chord cables connected just to refresh my mind and then I hooked up the Atlas cables and I am either going senile or something but there was definately an improvement in the sound the clarity was a lot better I am going through some of my favourite tracks as I write this and all of them sound great.Well thats only my opinion and I have no regrets about the £37 that I have splashed out and I am going to use the Chord between the cdp and amp instead :) :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts