John Duncan

Nobody's biting..........

OK, this has freaked me out. How can my Vista laptop feeding airport express sound better than my iMac doing the same thing? Apple lossless, same album.

And I don't mean just a little bit. I mean hard to distinguish my laptop and my CD player, whereas with the iMac it's bloody obvious............

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:Nobody's biting..........

OK, this has freaked me out. How can my Vista laptop feeding airport express sound better than my iMac doing the same thing? Apple lossless, same album.

And I don't mean just a little bit. I mean hard to distinguish my laptop and my CD player, whereas with the iMac it's bloody obvious............
Quite surprised...
I dont know apple, but from my experience...

Windows Vista Home premium beats
Windows XP prof
...out the box

But then XP prof with Asio is about the same EXCEPT with greater than CD quality (on my Vista machine), as it cant do the high res formats (yet) 24/96 (not like its  n issue)

which leads me to belive that your apple is doing something similar (and horrible) as kmixer in windows XP.

I had thought that apples didnt do that, but as I said, I haven't a clue, I hate apples... ;)

By the way... You're a right tart with that first post... ;)

John Duncan

fr0g:By the way... You're a right tart with that first post... ;)

Your point being........?
emotion-2.gif

I'm going to have to investigate how it does it - maybe it converts to PCM and then streams that (like Squeezebox?) and is doing a bad job of it. Hm........

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:and is doing a bad job of it. Hm........
I doubt it.
That would be front page news.
It wull be the computer messing around with the data. Can you maybe try Asio4all ? is it even available for the Mac?

(Boy do I like being able to just go to the page and pretty much know it IS available for the PC)

;P

In fact I'm surprised they bothered making the interweb, Mac accessible... ok thats going too far...time for bed (its 2;25 here!)

TRENDING THREADS