Oh dear. where has the bass gone.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
So finally got the Trophy's and they are perfectly finished (thanks David), but straight out the box and where has the bass gone.

Listened to Loudon Wainwright III - Career Moves - Rode Ode which isn't the bassiest track but has definite bass line and it had subsided to a vague wooliness you could barely hear. Stuck on Supersystem - Always never again whilst its much better its not as great as it should be.

It's been so long since i filled my last stands i can't remember it making a huge difference (I don't think it did).

I haven't as yet put the bungs in the bottom of the stands since I don't know how easy they will be to get out if i want to put sand in later.

Anyone got any suggestions?

edit: also fischerspooner.

idc

All I can think of is a recent thread where speakers were moved ever so slightly to allow cleaning and not moved back. The improvement in SQ was enough for the forum member to post their thoughts. Are your speakers in exactly the same place?

A

Anonymous

pretty much. but i also compared side by side with the old stands out of position and it was night and day.

A

Anonymous

not sure - i thought maybe the vocals sounded better but hadn't notices much appart from the bass since that lept out at me. I didn't expect much difference - changed mainly for d‚cor reasons! The review on here said something like "a little bass light" but i didn't think that meant this much!

After the hassle getting unmarked ones I cant really send them back - if only I'd used the first ones I received I could have saved lots of time and hassle.

A

Anonymous

Filled them up with sand last night and its brought them (nearly) back up on a par with the Nexus' so they are now livable with.

Would have to coclude that the Atacama's are a much better stand though since there was no where near as much of a difference when they were filled up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts