Oh dear just spent money i didnt have on a NAD.....

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello all, long time since i popped along here :)

Just bought a 2nd hand NAD Titanium finish C320BEE

045c_1.JPG

Cost £110 delivered, good deal? Its pretty much new.

It replaces a old Marantz pm4000, have i made a good choice? I listen to pretty much everything but alot of guitar based stuff.

Will be going with a pair of M74's and a Pioneer PD-703 (yep one of them old platter spinners!)

Just really looking for people to tell me I got a winner and it will do a bit better job of driving the m74's
emotion-11.gif

Cheers all.

A

Anonymous

Well in my opinion it's a lot better than the Marantz, especially for your preferred type of music. Marantz amps don't rock IMO.

A

Anonymous

Ive only had a cheap sony and the marantz so im not so clued up though I do feel the marantz is smoothing things out more than id like so its good to hear im making a good choice!

What do people think of the old pioneers? The pd703 of mine is 14 years old!

It cost me £30!

It sounds amazing compared to my previous sony xe220. Hoping it will be able to do the nad justice for a while
emotion-4.gif

amarocknrollstar

Feb 27, 2008
Visit site
Never heard the 703, but I understand the general consencus to be of a good solid player that makes a fantastic transport.
I agree with you on the Marantz front - I've never liked Marantz amplifiers - great CD Players but their amps are a little warm and toning for me.

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
I had the NAD C320BEE amp a while back partnered with an Arcam P75 power amp (not ideal i know) and the system sounded brilliant driving a pair of B&W 602 S3 speakers

The NAD C320BEE really held its own and sounded brilliant. Ive just bought one recently for the strongman training unit i train at (got it off Ebay for a stupidly low price but it was scratched to hell) but hooked it up with my old set of AE100 standmount speakers (now in brackets) and it really sings. Plenty of bass weight and certainly goes loud enough!!!

With the right speakers though it does brilliantly and in my opinion, still one of the best budget amps around.

A

Anonymous

Just thought id update and let people know that the amp arrived and is indeed in as new condition.

Swapped out the trusty PM4000 and slid the NAD into place on the rack.

DSCF0068smaller.JPG

Sad to say it but it makes the Marantz sound kind of err bland and rather uninteresting!!

Really really has opened up the Missions and seemingly taken every bit of detail the 703 can muster off the disc, totally loving it :)

Got alot more taughtness in the bass that doesnt get messy when things get busy as they did before. Was most annoying to hear great amounts of detail around the bottom end lost when rock and metal tracks went from slow to fast. Theres plenty more detail to be heard too, its great hearing things for the first time on discs you have spun a thousand times before lol Best £110 spent in ages!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts