Off to Wembley

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The Foos! Enjoy - i'll be quality-testing our very-soon-to-be-released website update (yes, people, only days away) while keeping a watching eye on ITV HD's launch (featuring different stadia).

A

Anonymous

Saw them at Earls Court last year? sound was soooo good. really awesome. enjoy

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
Was a stroke of luck tbh. I was over a friends on the weekend and mentioned that radio 1 will be at the foo's on saturday. And how good it would be to be there. Anyway turns out they had 2 tickets in the balcony near ish the stage and they wern't sure if they could make it. They had to sell the tickets in the end, lucky me
emotion-2.gif

Can't wait.

A

Anonymous

I am soooo jealous. Have a great time. Sounds like you got good viewing too.

Olli1324

May 28, 2008
Visit site
Oh yeah, that's today... I have some friends go; I'm not particularly jealous.

I saw Muse and Metallica there... It is an epic stadium (especially considering the only other venue I have been to is The Astoria).

Did I mention I was 3rd row from the front for Metallica? And that I got a pick :D Hell yeah!

Have fun!

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
I saw Floyd at the old Wembley... awesome. Didn't beat them at Earls Court though performing The Wall.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
It was awesome. Seeing the new stadium for the 1st time was just unbelievable. I couldn't believe the size of the place. We had tickets for the 3rd tier so where a bit high up, but the view of the stadium was amazing.

The other bands where the Futureheads and Supergrass. Both where amazing

And as for the Foo's well what can I say, just incredible. Dave was really funny as well, about half way through the show he was introducing all the members of the band and the backup. Some of them did solo's but it was the triangle player that was the funniest. He was saying that last night he did this amazing triangle solo for the crowd, at which point we all started booing. Anyway he made him come up the front of the stage for a solo and said you know you've gotta beat yesterdays performance. It was really funny

All the bands where just incredible, and being in that stadium was just somthing else. So much noise from the crowd. Mind you with 86000 people im not suprised. It would of been nice to been closer to the action but you do get an awesome view of the stadium from up there.

I have a few picy's I took on my camera phone, not sure how these will look but I will try and get them on the forums.

EDIT: on the encore they came out with some special guests, Jimmy Page and the other I couldn't make out as the crowd was cheering and drowned out the speakers. The foo's also played for almost 2.5 hours and said it was the biggest/best gig they have ever done.

Oh and the mexican waves that was going on before the band was just incredible, I think the best was about 7 times around. And if the wave stopped the whole arena started to boo. The noise was deaffining.

SpiceWeasel

Apr 10, 2008
Visit site
The special guests where Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones from Led Zepplin. Taylor took to the vocals with Dave on the drums for the 1st song, then they swapped back for the 2nd. They did "Rock and Roll" and "Ramble on". Absolutely amazing night.

I just hope they release a dvd/blueray of the event. I listened to Zane Lowe tonight and they played about an hour of highlights from the weekend. Listening to it again made the hairs on my neck tingle. Im still buzzing from Saturday. Just incredible

EDIT: Walking out into the stadium for the 1st time was just unbelievable, took me a good 15 mins to soak it all in.If you havn't been to the new stadium yet you deffinately need to see it. Absolutely massive. The atmosphere in the stadium was mind blowing.

A

Anonymous

I was at Wembley a few weeks back. Hull City... Now there's one occassion that home cinema will never be able to repeat. And the goal...
Grown men crying, and an atmosphere you couldn't buy with all the money in the world.
If you were a Hull fan, obviously!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts