NTSC on PAL

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Any one that could help please, Im working Offshore at the mo and have no access to my TV's or Bluray players manuals and am considering a gift for the girlfriend for christmas and am after a bit of advice.

I have a Tosh 37WLT66 LCD and a Panasonic DMPBD80, iam considering buying a CANON HF200 HD Camcorder off that E place, but it is a NTSC model iam wonder if i plug it in straight to the Tosh through the HDMI will it decode the signal ok or will the Tosh be able to play the signal better through the Panny straight from the SDHC card if the Tosh will decode NTSC at all.

A dilemma i would like resolved before i get home empty handed and have a frying pan over the head Ha

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Not conversant with your Tosh. model but nearly all TVs have an option in the setting menu's for NTSC - PAL or AUTO.

If you set it to AUTO this should play NTSC footage no problem.

My last Camcorder was bought from the USA and was NTSC, it played through my (at the time) Sony LCD with no problem at all.

A

Anonymous

From what I understand all HDTV's will play NTSC as it forms part of the HDTV standards. However what I would be more concerned about is the 60Hz cycle used by NTSC camcorders against the 50Hz PAL system. I was in the U.S recently and was going to buy a camcorder but read numerous articles which mentioned that recording under indoor lighting (flourescent in particular) you could experience flickering. Personally I decided it wasn't worth the risk and brought a UK camcorder to be safe.

I'm sure someone more qualified can explain the technicalities of whether this is a serious issue but I wouldn't risk it for the sake of a few pounds.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies, looks i will a have a think and reseach the 60 hz problems and make my decision then, will be sourcing a new LCD in the new year so hope fully no matter what i get it will be compatible.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts