NOVICE NEEDS HELP!!! WHAT SOUNDS GOOD TOGETHER !!!!!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
really need some help to decide on what to get my budget is ok was thinking about a naim nait 5i with maybe b&w 684's or 685's and then maybe a arcam cd player but really have no clues if it will sound good or not???!!! basically my favourite music is classical and grimey underground hiphop, so its needs to be powerful (i love loud music) but also needs to deliver serious sound quality on all levels_______PLS SOME ! HELP ME______ any comments will be very much appreciated thanks to all those who do................kind regards tom.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
tommy2shoes:really need some help to decide on what to get my budget is ok was thinking about a naim nait 5i with maybe b&w 684's or 685's and then maybe a arcam cd player but really have no clues if it will sound good or not???!!! basically my favourite music is classical and grimey underground hiphop, so its needs to be powerful (i love loud music) but also needs to deliver serious sound quality on all levels_______PLS SOME ! HELP ME______ any comments will be very much appreciated thanks to all those who do................kind regards tom.

I will say what most people would say, go and listen to some set ups. In theory, the combination you mention will work fine but it's down to your taste so only you can know whether it's right for you.

A

Anonymous

Go and find a good dealer where you live and audition kit that's within your budget. The reviews and opinions here will provide a guide and a starting point and enable you to avoid the real dogs. after that for the sort of money you plan to spend it'll come down to your preferences as to the sound you like.

All the kit you mentioned is excellent stuff. but do bear in mind that it's often true that matching amp and CD player from the same supplier often makes sense as they were probably designed to work well together. If you can, spend more (relatively) on your speakers than the other components. IMHO they have the biggest influence on what you hear.

Have a great time at the demo's.
emotion-2.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
How much are we talking here?

It's very well saying heading down the shop and have a listen but without good short list of what you are looking for you might as well just read magazines, forum etc and order the whole system from internet base company!.

A

Anonymous

I can certainly vouch for the effectiveness of the Naim-B&W 684 combo for classical music - very good clarity and realism, and certainly is pretty powerful.

In the end I went for the set-up on my signature, mainly because it was just so real - everything sounded as it should be (including recordings I was involved with myself), incredibly clear and detailed (more so than the Naim combo) without an overemphasis on any particular register (e.g. the Primare kit we listened had a horrible tendancy to bring out certain instruments in the lower mid-range; some say that that is 'warmth' - I just didn't like it at all).

As others have said, go and have a listen to a few systems and let your ears be your guide!

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If my music taste was classical and hip-hop, then B&W wouldn't be top of my list, maybe for the latter but not for classical.

ÿ

A

Anonymous

thats all well and good but i can not for the life of me find a shop that has naim, B&W and ARCAM in one place its impossible !!!! really i need some suggestions on what i should be getting i want loud but i want good bass and i want as good sound quality on all levels

A

Anonymous

thanks for the reply il say it again though finding a place that has all the makes i want is really really hard just cant find it all!

can you give some suggestion s on what you think would sound amazing neeed good bass and it has to go loud and it has to have very very high all round sound quality

A

Anonymous

I have the Naim 5i and I've had 685's running off it. I thought it was a nicely rounded little set up and whilst delivering a healthy supply of bass, it won't shake the house down. With hip hop and dance music it will be punchy and clear, but not club like.

If you really like your bass and you're keen on B&W I'd suggest the 684's. Or you could get the 685's and a sub which would give you the proper 'club' experience.

A

Anonymous

narrowed it down deff going for the B&Ws 684's but cant decide on amp !!!!!!!! roksan or naim or something cheaper with less sound quality but masses of power like a nad ???????????

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
tommy2shoes:narrowed it down deff going for the B&Ws 684's but cant decide on amp !!!!!!!! roksan or naim or something cheaper with less sound quality but masses of power like a nad ???????????

Cambridge Audio 840a if you are after some welly! Or just turn your amp up!!

A

Anonymous

If you've narrowed it to the Roksan and Naim go and test them if you haven't already. We can't make your mind up for you, we can only confirm what you probably already know. Let your ears decide.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts