not WARM enough

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

After ugrading my interconnect to vdH d102MK3 ny system is still not warm enough. I suspect Thaiman was right about QED silver Anniversary XT, it might be the culprit to my system's brightness. I use Cambridge 640 CD & Amp, the speaker is Wharfedale diamond 9.1

Is it the correct move to change my speaker cable to DNM reson.or should i use a cryoed blanket :)

thanks

gregory

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
hello gwnzen,dnm cable is sometimes favoured with valve amps which are known for their warmth so that may work,do you have any old cable laying about you could try or you could ask you dealer for a loan of some vdh cable and see if that cures the brightness that i suspect your hearing.a cryoed blanket or a cold overthrow dont waste your money my friend.good luck,gregory.

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Try Gotham interconnect on ebay (uk) first as they are cheap as chips but will out preform many costing a lot more. As for speakers cables I would try Van Damme, again great value. Your cables are very sort after and should fetch a good 2nd hand price. I wouldn't comment on cry(out loud)oed blanket, I will leave it to Ogee Onara-san!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gwnzen"]
Hi all,

After ugrading my interconnect to vdH d102MK3 ny system is still not warm enough. I suspect Thaiman was right about QED silver Anniversary XT, it might be the culprit to my system's brightness. I use Cambridge 640 CD & Amp, the speaker is Wharfedale diamond 9.1

Is it the correct move to change my speaker cable to DNM reson.or should i use a cryoed blanket :)

thanks
[/quote]

I think the speakers are probably the problem. Did you audition them first to see if you liked them?

A

Anonymous

emotion-2.gif

Thanks for your replys guys, I did audition them for a while though, they were not bright, I have no reference but I like it,

what type of van damme is it. I live in Indonesia and this is the first time I've ever heard van damme produce speaker cable since he made a Double Impact in Indonesian cinema

I mean...

Whats the reason to buy Van Damme instead of buying the danm DNM reson if the DNM reson is warm too?
emotion-1.gif

I could relocate my blanket budget if reson is more pricy

Is DNM reson warm or very warm thaiman?

A

Anonymous

[quote user="gregory"]do you have any old cable laying about you could try .[/quote]

thats a good idea ill work on that 1st.

[quote user="gregory"] or you could ask you dealer for a loan of some vdh cable and see if that cures the brightness that i suspect your hearing.[/quote]

what vdH do you reccomend, is magnum hybrid an overkill? They;re available on ebay 3 hou remaining!!
emotion-7.gif

Thaiman

Jul 28, 2007
Visit site
Firstly, any cable....I mean ANY will not alter sound that much. If your system is bright to your ears then you will more likely have a need to change one or two items of your hardware. The good cables should just let infomation come through just how it is without alter the tonal balance. Van Damme is a studio cables and imo let signal come trhough without sounding harsh like most of similar price cables. As for DNM, they roll off up top so it will take some sharp edge out from sound.....try before buy as some may found it lacking in details.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts