dialogue not good enough

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have a wharfedale diamond 9 speaker system and I find that the centre speaker is a bit soft. I was considering getting the centre speaker of the new diamond 10 series. Any idea if this would work with the diamond 9 floor stander. The new Centre. The new centre appears bigger as well. I use a sony 1200es receiver. I'm not sure if the 10 centre will harmonise well with 9 floorstanders. And yes my centre speaker is at full blast on the amp.

ABM78

Oct 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi Penray,

I have the exact same amp and was using also with a Diamond 9 CS. I also found I had the same problem. Since I did not get along with my B&W 685's for music and replaced them with some Dynaudio Excite 12's I now use on of my B&W's as the Centre and the other as the 6th channel in a 6.1 set up. I have found a big improvement in dialogue and bass and can live with the B&W's in this way being a brighter speaker. Some people will probably think its a crazy waste of the B&W's and I would not disagree lol! That said still at times I find the dialogue a bit soft, and have the centre channel turned up a bit. So its either the recording on the disc or maybe a weakness in the amp? I do not know enough about these things to give you an answer but I know what your going through.

How do you have it hooked up? I have it hooked through analogue outs with a Pioneer BD51fd.

audioaffair

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
The Wharfedale 10CC centre speaker should match well with the 9 series speakers - they are similarly voiced and although this should sound better than your current centre speaker, it shouldn't outmatch the two front speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts