Not impressed by 3D TVs at the show today

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
albriscoe:

Also the darkness of the sony was to me unacceptable whereas the JVC was head and shoulders above anything else their at the show in respect of 3D imageing, but the one thing it simply excels in is its 2D capabilities, the clip of Iron Man 2 was the best projected image I have ever seen, it was like 3D in reverse, it had that much depth to it.

So that alone disregarding its very good 3D capabilities makes it a clear winner for me in this years projector stakes (so far anyway) and it wil only get better as we were all watching an engineers model and not a production one.

Well done JVC

Albriscoe, how did you feel the JVC projector you saw compared to your HD950 for 2D?

A

Anonymous

I tend to agree, i was at the show and witnessed both the sony and JVC and for me the JVC pipped it, Mindful we are talking about 2 quality products the JVC had more depth was a little brighter, that said the demo room was smaller therefore sat closer.

In 2d the JVC was excellent, shame we didnt get to witness the 2d on sony, but i suspect it wont be far off

I wont be opting for 3d tv for a year or so need to get past the teething stage, the LCD also struggled a little with the fast action.

And personnaly not keen on the Phillips picture, looks to processed.

Shame Epsom werent there nor panasonic demo of their projectors,

But in summary enjoyed it, next time more 3d gaming demos it will drive the technology forward quicker

A

Anonymous

I agree with Andy Tucker. I had to send back a new non 3d Samsung 7020 last year because of poor black rendition and variable brightness off axis . I chose the Samsung UE55C8000 this time with some trepidation in case it had similar faults. I did a lot of research ( over a year) and in the middle of the research new models came out with 3D included. There was not a set with the size and quality available with no 3D so I decided to go for the 8000 after a live viewing in Carlisle and waiting for the cashback deal and price reduction. The price is now about the same as it was about a year ago but with better picture quality and 3D as a bonus.

I am very happy with this set especially as the wife likes it because it is actually lower than my previous 47 inch LCD though a small amount wider. The picture quality is miles better than last years models and the edge lit led lighting seems to work very well apart from making black and white roller captions a bit on the dark side( but who reads them anyway)

I am still not convinced by the 3D but will have to try watching the TV from a closer position to see if it replicates the cinema better by filling the field of viewing more and improves the 3D effect. Also the 3D picture is considerably dimmer than non 3D and before anyones suggests it I DO NOT WANT A PLASMA TV or a projector.

I will report back if I can find some settings I have missed re the 3D which could improve it

Chewy

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
gdavies09031977:albriscoe:

Also the darkness of the sony was to me unacceptable whereas the JVC was head and shoulders above anything else their at the show in respect of 3D imageing, but the one thing it simply excels in is its 2D capabilities, the clip of Iron Man 2 was the best projected image I have ever seen, it was like 3D in reverse, it had that much depth to it.

So that alone disregarding its very good 3D capabilities makes it a clear winner for me in this years projector stakes (so far anyway) and it wil only get better as we were all watching an engineers model and not a production one.

Well done JVC

Albriscoe, how did you feel the JVC projector you saw compared to your HD950 for 2D?

Al?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts