No sound from computer to Tv ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

After reading the posts on how to set up computer to Tv i thought i would give it a go and i was partly sucessfull in that i have picture but no sound. I have an Inspiron 1525 with a H.D.M.I. out which i used, i have picture no sound. What should i do to get sound as well as picture ?

Thankyou in antisipation.

daveh75

so far as i can make out from my inspiron it doesn't output sound via the hdmi, only via the headphone jack or digital out via the s video port if you have the special dell s-video to spdif (co-axial)adaptor

A

Anonymous

Thankyou for that input, i am a bit disappointed i cant get sound from the hdmi very curious that, once again thankyou all

XSnPX

May 14, 2008
Visit site
After doing a bit more research - it seams you can get sound form the outpur of yoru HDMI - I know form Sony i need to go to the device control of sound to disable the current speakers - On yoru i am afraid its not possible see here

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=219322&page=2

Hi there,

I to have an HDMI out on my Sony Vaio - i connect to my LCD easily but the outupt as far as i can tell for now is pictrue output only.

You will have to get a 3.5mm jack to RCA on yoru amp form the laptop to get the sound which is very good still - but extra wires.

I wonder if a driver upgrade woudl help that...

TRENDING THREADS