No picture X360 and Panasonic TX-P50V20 ( kinda urgent)

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone

I just bought a brand new TXP50V20.

I connected my Xbox 360 via RGB to the television. I got sound, but no picture. Is there a way to set it the television up??

Many thanks

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I meant component. RED - GREEN AND BLUE.....

In the AV drop down menu I did choose component. I can hear the sound though, but no picture.

Seems odd to me, there must be a work around.

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
don't have an XBox 360 but you may have to set it to output via component? Other than that I would swap out the cables with another set just to make sure it's not the cables. How are you getting the sound? optical?

Jammoe

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Are you using the original Xbox cable? Isn't there a little toggle to switch between HDTV and other on a small junction box about halfway along the cable?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Is the TV set to expect component video, or RGB? Or possibly the XBox set to output RGB rather than component?

Component video - YPbPr - and RGB aren't the same thing...

bigblue235

Aug 22, 2007
Visit site
As others have said, have you checked the HDTV/SDTV setting on the component cable? Have you set the 360 to output over component?

Could it possibly be the 360 screen resolution settings? My 1080p TV doesn't accept 1080p over component, is that maybe the issue with yours? All I get is a black screen.

If you are having problems with your 360 display settings and you have no way of changing them you can reset them by following the instructions at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/911059/ That's what I had to do when I tried 1080p over component
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks guys.

I got it to work. Hooked it up to my AVR. Set it up from there, and then re-hooked it to the telly.

Works, and looks great.

Many thanks guys.............I stil ponder why Microsuck didn't fit a HDMI.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts