Nexus 4 in Stock Today For £280!

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

daveh75

Heads up for those that manage to get theirs before December 31st.

The Nexus 4 is eligible for 50GB of box cloud storage.

Just download the app from play and login/register from your N4 and your account will automatically be upgraded from 5 to 50GB

A

Anonymous

Boycott them, tax dodgers. Poor battery life on the Nexus 4 too...allegedly.

seasiders rock

Feb 21, 2009
Visit site
OneBoxSystem said:
Boycott them, tax dodgers. Poor battery life on the Nexus 4 too...allegedly.

This is for an 8 GB.

Mix of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, phone and texts and a lot of Angry Birds. :)

So far. 1 day 18 hours 10 mins and 36% battery left.

Dont believe everything you read.

There are various reports online that people who ordered the Nexus 4 as soon as it was available on 4th December (& given a delivery time of 1-2 weeks) have still not received their handsets, while people who ordered much later (& given delivery time of 4-5 weeks) received their handsets within the week. |(

Very poor effort from Google this time. :shame:

I cancelled my order yesterday.

daveh75

Lots of those with 1-2 week estimates started getting their shipping notifications yesterday.

Whilst it's poor CS from Google, them getting deliveries after those with longer delivery times, it is still within their quoted shipping estimates.

Personally i've tired of the weeks of whinging on owners threads on fora. They've got an excellent phone, at an exceptional price and within quoted delivery time. Time to get over it and enjoy their purchases

scene

bigboss said:
I'm sorry, but shipping notification yesterday is beyond their quoted shipping estimate of 1-2 weeks. In any case, I cancelled the order last night, & it was accepted, indicating that my order wasn't shipped at all.

Sorry to hear that bb, it is p. poor service from Google - then the whole Nexus 4 release has been a bit of a case study in how not to do it...

My Mrs. has been using the phone for a week now. I am very impressed! Love Google cards & Google now. Just swipe the finger up the screen from the bottom & you get instant weather alert & time it'll take to get to work in current traffic conditions. (This finger swipe feature to type faster is eerily accurate!)

Does feel a bit fragile though.

scene

daveh75 said:
Now and 'Gesture Typing' were the first things to be disabled on mine...

Compared to the One X it replaced, and the missus' S3 i wouldn't call it fragile at all

Doesn't look or feel fragile - I'll let you know after I give it the "throwing it down the stairs from the top" test. The iPad passed this with flying colours :oops:

scene said:
bigboss said:
Don't try that! My brother-in-law has a shattered Nexus 4 after it fell from his jacket pocket.

I didn't really mean to try it with the iPad... I was relieved and surprised that it survived.

I know. Nobody would throw their expensive devices down the stairs just to check their durability. :)

Did you get the bumper as well? If not, what have you got?

Actually, Google Now is proving very useful to my Mrs. Her commute to work can take anywhere between 38 mins & 1 hr 35 mins, depending on traffic. She simply swipes up the phone which tells her how long the commute would take. It's been accurate so far, although the real test will be when schools reopen.

I've just typed this whole passage with gesture typing & there hasn't been a mistake so far on my Nexus 7.

Shanka

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just seen a report saying they will be available mid February, in reality that means March or later will just have to wait and see, by that time who knows what else may be available.

Personally instead of changing my phone a Nexus 7 and keeping my htc may be a cheaper and better option. I didn't realise how 'cheap' the 7 was until T mobile called yesterday offering me a'fantastic' deal and then saw they are less than a nexus 4 and I would expect them to work better and with a larger screen.

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
The Nexus 4 is just a con to my eyes.

Are LG that incompetent that they could not match demand? Or did Google restrict it to create it....

Sizzers

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Well I’m not being “Mr Cynical” but it does raise my eyebrows a bit.

Reports – rumours? - elsewhere suggest that LG gave up on the 4 a while ago ahead of new models to be announced at MWC. Anyway, after much research and agonising I’ve finally decided to order the Motorola Razr i tomorrow.

This will be my first venture into Android after many years with Nokia/Symbian and I’m really looking forward to the experience.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
Ordered my Nexus 4 mid-December at which point I was given a 7 week estimate for delivery. A couple of days ago my Google Play account was updated with an estimated delivery date of 30th Jan then yesterday afternoon I was email telling me it had been shipped.

Just checked my TNT tracking number and it's out for delivery but of course I'm in work so will either have to go to depot to collect or rearrange delivery :cry:

gowiththeflow

Jan 10, 2009
Visit site
These reports refer to an interview with a French LG spokesperson.

In the actual interview, she said that Google had underestimated the demand in France, compared to Germany and the UK.

The complaint being that France got a smaller allocation than those other markets.

There is no shortage of supply of Nexus 4's. There are plenty available either from the networks, or from phone shops.

You can pick one up yourself today, or get them delivered next day.

It's only on Google Play where they've restricted supplies at the "low price".

Having access to a corporate discount, I could get a 16gb Nexus 4 on a contract for £26pm, free phone and £90 up-front cashback.

Next day delivery.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts