Newbie........please help! Desperate advice needed.

Zeberdee29

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi all what hifi forumers.

merry Christmas too all.

so here is the situation. Currently have 2x sonos play three units in separate rooms of the house. They are awesome for my requirements as 95% of my music is held digitally and streamed via spotify.

so in the living room I have a recently acquired an acoustic solutions sp103 amp linked up via QED anniversary speaker cable to a pair of new q acoustic 1030i floor standers (WOW.....AWESOME).

So question is what is the best way to link this stand alone system to my sonos network? I'm currently looking at the sonos connect unit (£280 unamped version) after chatting with a mate who works in local RS store he says I would be better off getting the sonos connect:amp (£399 55w amp) as the calibre of these speakers deserves a better quality amp.....ahhhh what do I do? Buy a new amp and the connect unit? Buy the amped connect unit? Or stick with current amp setup and just buy the unamped connect unit?

Going crazy trying to make my decision......anyone with a bit more knowledge that could guide me in the best direction?

I would be most grateful.

Thanks.

matthewpiano

How about the un-amplified Connect unit plus a better integrated amp? You could get something for less than £200 that will blow your current amp out of the water, and be better than the Sonos amp. Think Denon PMA720AE, Pioneer A-30 or similar....

Zeberdee29

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for response Matt piano.

Do you think that would be the better option? Would a stand alone amp for similar price sound better than the sonos amp in your opinion?

Appreciate your advice.

matthewpiano

Zeberdee29 said:
Thanks for response Matt piano.

Do you think that would be the better option? Would a stand alone amp for similar price sound better than the sonos amp in your opinion?

Appreciate your advice.

Yes, I think you'll get something more worthy of your superb speakers if you do that. However, why not arrange an audition so that you can directly compare?

chaz91

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
If you want to stick to the sonos network (which I understand) then the above options are probably best. Alternatively you could look at Apple Express/Apple TV which can be had for around £70. They allow you to do wireless streaming. Just depends on whether or not you are determined on sticking with sonos.

Zeberdee29

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
Yeah really wanted to stick to the sonos route as I already have the network in place.

I have looked into the apple way but try to steer clear of the ungodly restrictions that apple implement. Having said that I am writing this on a ipad2 ha ha. ( was a gift not brought out of choice ).

cheers

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts