Newbie needs advice.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm thinking about buying my first LCD TV, but I need a little advice before I leap in at the deep end. I am looking for a 32" model and am willing to spend anywhere between £400 - £600. I will initially be using the TV to watch Freeview and watch standard definition DVDs (possibly uprated), but want a certain amount of future-proofing to give me some flexibility.

My question is in 2 parts. Firstly, what sort of features should I be looking for to suit my needs? Full HD or HD ready? Progressive Scanning? etc, etc.

Secondly, can you recommend any specific models? I'm primarily looking at Panasonic, Samsung or Sony but am open to any other suggestions. I am torn between these 3 manufacturers for a number of reasons. I currently have a Panasonic Flat Screen CRT with progressive scanning and am very impressed with the picture quality. My wife and I both like the styling and features offered by Samsung (and I am particularly impressed with the specs of the new LE32A559). Finally, Sony models always seem to be up there amongst the top reviews.

Please help me! Thanks very much.

A

Anonymous

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated. Ta very much.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Hi there

For a 32in TV, HD-ready spec will be fine - you really can't see the difference with Full HD on a screen of that size. Our current favourite 32in LCD is Sony's KDL-32P3020 (£550) which won our March 08 Supertest.

Alternatively, as you seem to like Panasonic, the company's TX-32LMD70 (£600) delivers clean, crisp, detailed pictures. But personally I'd go for the Sony - it has the best picture in its class.

TRENDING THREADS