Newbie for..............in ear headphones

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
Mostly listening to current Nokia phone with Ovi music, soon to upgrade (sic) to iPhone 4 and 320kbs iTunes

My short list for in ears is;

Klipsch S4 (S4i)

Etymotic ER-6i

Ultimate Ears superfit.fi 3 and

Beyerdynamic DTX 80

Is there a "best" choice, pain in the butt to audition, so looking to our forum readers for advice, is it worthwhile to have the mic and vloume control in built, or just nice to have, in terms of absolute sound quality?

Please

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Ultimate ears superfi 5vi are going for £48.99 on amazon at the moment. They got 5 stars in whathifi at £120. been thinking about a pair myself. anyone heard them?

Nohairnick

Feb 16, 2008
Visit site
Hi there,

Save your cash and get some Sennheiser CX300II s. They're only £25 or so in Tescos and have brilliant sound quality.

You won't get too upset if you lose them either (like I did on the train!)

Cheers,Nick

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
fayeanddavid:
Now that is a good price.................

Anyone have a review/view of them??

I would be interested in a review as well. I have been tempted to take a punt as my Goldrings have been making my ears rather warm in the hot weather but seem to be having to spend my extra cash on annoying things like plumbers plumbers of late.

bay24

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Nohairnick:
Hi there,

Save your cash and get some Sennheiser CX300II s. They're only £25 or so in Tescos and have brilliant sound quality.

You won't get too upset if you lose them either (like I did on the train!)

Cheers,Nick

The CX300 are okay but you can get much better if you pay a bit more. Also you can get them for about £15 if you do a bit of searching.

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
bay24:fayeanddavid:
Now that is a good price.................

Anyone have a review/view of them??

I would be interested in a review as well. I have been tempted to take a punt as my Goldrings have been making my ears rather warm in the hot weather but seem to be having to spend my extra cash on annoying things like plumbers plumbers of late.

Taken the plunge, offer too good at that price so have ordered today, hopefully here for Wednesday.

Looking forward to reviewing them, wife has an iPhone 3GS and a 160 classic, daughter a nano and me................I am waiting for the iPhone 4 so will will listen on my Nokia 5800, should give me an all round view of their abilty

Will post once I've had a good listen....................watch this space!

fayeanddavid

May 27, 2009
Visit site
UE Superfi 5vi's have arrived................take a look at my comments in the New HeadPhones for iPhone thread

Very good phones it seems but flawed via their superb noise isolation

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts