New year new hifi ?

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
I haven't seen RicherSounds stocking HiFi Racks kit

They said there are some wooden stands that don't show on the website, as in the ones they used for my demo last year.

Attachments

• 20220407_113524.jpg
    20220407_113524.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220407_111907.jpg
    20220407_111907.jpg
    198 KB · Views: 5
Richer Sounds only stock the HiFi Racks Duet model as far as I'm aware.

I like wooden stands but prefer the Audiochic ones to the HiFi racks designs which look a bit blocky to my eyes. Not cheap mind you but they will make top plates to perfectly match your speaker.
View attachment 4233
Had a look at Audio Chic website. Their designs not my taste and they are expensive.

Call me old fashioned but I prefer trad looking hi-fi gear. And having demoed Dalis twice, Amphion Argon 1 & MA Gold 100 on Richers wooden stands, they sounded rather good.

record_spot

No plans at the moment for new gear in 2023, though you never know. Still delighted with the 34 year old Kenwood DP-990SG CD player which is incredible. Really, I've no need to add anything. Might pick up the odd curio CD player for fun later in the year, but for now, nothing on the horizon and no plans to shift any of the main components till they finally give up the ghost.

Okay, so what the hell do I know...Cambridge 200M DAC ordered...!

SteveR750

This is the engineering change summary from 28th December 2022:

Rev1
Technics SL-2000
Shure M75ED
Cambridge Audio 540p

Rev 2
Technics SL-2000 - - >Technics SL-1800
Shure M75ED - - >Technics 270C
Denon PMA-725R
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

Rev3
Technics SL-1800
Technics 270C - - > Audio Technica VM95ML
Denon PMA-725R
Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 - - > Elac Debut Reference B6
Denon TU-260L mk2
Sonos Connect S1

Rev4
Technics SL-1800
Audio Technica VM95ML
Denon PMA-725R - - > Denon PMA-600NE
Elac Debut Reference B6
Denon TU-260L mk2
Sonos Connect S1

All this in the space of a fortnight, after the SL-2000 had been sat on my desk for over 12 months. I had a couple of LPs given to me Xmas 2021, took me until 22 to connect it up to the phono amp and my desktop headphone amp and Rokit monitors. I promised myself never to do this again years ago after therapy......

WayneKerr

Wow, they’re meant to be the dog’s, aren’t they?! Did you audition or buy on rep? I gambled the latter on my NOS Oppos before Xmas.
Don't know about the dog's but they sound like my Harbeth's strapped to my lug 'oles :) Exquisite and excellent. Bought completely blind like all of my kit, just based on reviews and user reports. Always been a fan of Sennheiser and these do not disappoint. Took advantage of SSAV finance again (y)

Reactions: nopiano
Unfortunately a week or so ago I read that Technics turntables were going up. I’d been mulling a SL-1200 of some type all last year, so went for a SL-1210GR with a damaged box.

Ordered on Thursday night, delivered before breakfast on Saturday by DPD - thanks to Superfi for their very swift service. Was typically about £1100-1200, new price £1599. Mine was £949 delivered. Obviously mis-sold as no box damage! (Meanwhile the superior G has upped from £3499 to £3999!)

Will upload a few pics later.

WayneKerr

Unfortunately a week or so ago I read that Technics turntables were going up. I’d been mulling a SL-1200 of some type all last year, so went for a SL-1210GR with a damaged box.

Ordered on Thursday night, delivered before breakfast on Saturday by DPD - thanks to Superfi for their very swift service. Was typically about £1100-1200, new price £1599. Mine was £949 delivered. Obviously mis-sold as no box damage! (Meanwhile the superior G has upped from £3499 to £3999!)

Will upload a few pics later.
Very nice, I'm a fan of Technics kit but I will resist :)

Reactions: nopiano

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts