New year new hifi ?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
No plans to upgrade in 2023 as my new speakers arrived yesterday. Now have Dali Rubicon 2s. Straight out of the box they are sounding so good and working very well with the Primare. Everything is that little bit snappier, can hear the strings being plucked on the guitar, drums are crisp, for small speakers deliver very good taught bass.

And to think they should get better as run in! Also not on stands yet as waiting for them to arrive.
Nice one. They are lovely speakers. Get the Rubis on decent stands and they'll sound great.

Reactions: jamesrfisher
Very impressed so far.

I have some Atacama's on the way, what are you using?
My old PMC stands. I will be looking at some wooden ones in the next few weeks. I think these metal stands are fugly. Aesthetically, floorstanders are far nicer.

I found mine sounded very composed straight from the box. They have improved but whether that's the fabled burn-in or if I its's my ears acclimatised to the sound I couldn't really say.

All I know is they sound fantastic.

Reactions: jamesrfisher

camcroft

Hi.Al it was £380 RRP but it has been superseded He is bringing out another model very soon he has brought out the S5 model which is more in the budget bracket at £150 I have one on loan from him and it is also an excellent phono stage for the money in a completely different league to the Schiit Mani and iFi Zen Phono.But thats only my opinion.

Reactions: Al ears

matthewpianist

No plans here, except to stick with what I've got.

The past few years have been far too eventful with hi-fi for me, and I'm ready to settle. I've owned more expensive and supposedly 'better' kit, but quite frankly this is by far the most enjoyable system I've had, and everything seems to work perfectly together. It's also excellent at all volume levels, which is something I've found to be an issue with quite a bit of other kit.

As for my second/bedroom system, the Technics does a very good job and will also be going nowhere. There's other things to spend money on this year, and masses of music to enjoy also.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Don't make as much difference with racks as they do with stands. Wooden stands for our decor looks less industrial.

My rack is wood and glass. Stands Unique

May have meant the company

May have meant the company

They are ones I want to get. Not sure what has to do with @Al ears comment on hi-fi racks?

Oddly in the image of Stands Unique it has the Arcam A65, the amp I loved.

jamesrfisher

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I read your reply to his comment HiFi Racks as if you thought he meant racks rather than speakers when you said 'Don't make as much difference with racks as they do with stands' which is why I commented I thought he meant the company HiFi Racks.

If I am wrong about this I apologise.

Reactions: WayneKerr

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts