New Turntable advice...please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, after a bit of faffing about I've got my hi-fi and squeezebox up and running. My next task is to rediscover my vinyl collection. I've just bought a project phono box II, which is currently hooked up to an old Sherwood turntable. I'm looking for a reasonable deck that's appropriate to the phono box and occasional use for around 200 LPs. Any ideas - new or second hand?!

Thanks.

borobiffa:

Hi, after a bit of faffing about I've got my hi-fi and squeezebox up and running. My next task is to rediscover my vinyl collection. I've just bought a project phono box II, which is currently hooked up to an old Sherwood turntable. I'm looking for a reasonable deck that's appropriate to the phono box and occasional use for around 200 LPs. Any ideas - new or second hand?!

Thanks.

Hi

The obvious choice would be Pro-ject Debut, but this depends on your budget. How much are you prepared to spend on a turntable?

A

Anonymous

Thanks plastic penguin - forgot to put my budget down. I'd happily spend up to £300 or even more, but don't want to go for something that's going to be limited by my choice of phono amp!

borobiffa:Thanks plastic penguin - forgot to put my budget down. I'd happily spend up to £300 or even more, but don't want to go for something that's going to be limited by my choice of phono amp!

The phono box and TT will only be as good (or as bad) as your amp and speakers. What is the amp and monitors do you have?

plastic penguin:

borobiffa:Thanks plastic penguin - forgot to put my budget down. I'd happily spend up to £300 or even more, but don't want to go for something that's going to be limited by my choice of phono amp!

The phono box and TT will only be as good (or as bad) as your amp and speakers. What is the amp and monitors do you have?

Sorry - it must be late because didn't see your listed kit until now.

That phono should be suitable for a £500 (roughly speaking) turntable. So it really depends what does it for you. Any Rega, Pro-ject Xpression 1 or 2. Or maybe something like a Systemdek from ebay. That is a good TT indeed and you'll probbly exceed your budget with that brand - it's a lot of TT for your buck.

Have a scan through WHFI on-line reviews and see what takes your fancy. As always these suggestions are a personal opinion, and one of the other members may have some alternative ideas for your money.

Good luck, PP

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts