New system on a budget

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

gasolin

http://www.richersounds.com/product/amplifiers-receivers/arcam/fmj-a18/arca-a18-blk Speakers could be something like these (very cheap but as fare as i know they are good, havn't heard them) http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/wharfedale/diamond-9.0/whar-9.0-blk or the Q Acoustics 2010 http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/q-acoustics/2010i-gr/qaco-2010i-graph

Or this one, it's a very good deal (imo), both products is the best in its class, for speaker cable i would recomend Audioquest FLX SLiP 14/4 or mabye van damme for a cheaper alternative

http://www.richersounds.com/package/system-savers/mini-hi-fi-system-deals/pah01296

Michaelholder1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Well in my experience (As i have been asking about stuff in a similar budget) if you were to go with used speakers around the £100 mark, alot of people have recommended the mission 751s and for a bit more the 752s; and the B&W dm600 series is very highly regarded as well. I myself bought some Dm601 s2s for about £80 and I think they sound amazing!

Michaelholder1

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Also I've just remembered, there is a woman on gumtree selling some Denon seperates which are quite nice with a pair of B&W Dm603 S3s all for £450 which is in your original price range. I cant remember what the ad was called but i have the number as i text her about the speakers. I think theyre in leeds or something if you were willing to go pick them up.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have just got myself a Pioneer PD-S505 to go with my Kenwood KA3020SE amp. For £11 I think it was a bargin! Now for the speakers... any ideas?

ele101

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm looking to enter the separates market for the first time. There is someone near where I live selling a full set for £400 (though I'd be looking to add a turntable). Is it a good deal? All help appreciated.

- Denon AM-FM Stereo Tuner TU-260L

- Denon Integrated Stereo Amplifier PMA-250III

- Denon CD Player DCD-595

- Stereo Cassette Tape Deck DRM-540

- Remote Control

- 2 Mission Speakers with stands

- Optimum 2000 clear glass stand to house all components

- All in immaculate condition and excellent working order. Comes complete with all cabling, as well as full operating instruction manuals.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
ele101 said:
I'm looking to enter the separates market for the first time. There is someone near where I live selling a full set for £400 (though I'd be looking to add a turntable). Is it a good deal? All help appreciated.

- Denon AM-FM Stereo Tuner TU-260L

- Denon Integrated Stereo Amplifier PMA-250III

- Denon CD Player DCD-595

- Stereo Cassette Tape Deck DRM-540

- Remote Control

- 2 Mission Speakers with stands

- Optimum 2000 clear glass stand to house all components

- All in immaculate condition and excellent working order. Comes complete with all cabling, as well as full operating instruction manuals.

What are the Mission speakers?

To be honest it sounds a bit overpriced. Think you can pick most of that stuff for around £50 each on fleabay.

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I think you could get them individually alot cheaper on fleabay. Have a look around. I was looking to spend £500 on a system and so far have spent £11! There are some bargains to be had.

Can't wait for my Pioneer to arrive. Stable platter - CD's (remember them!) go in upside down!

CarlDW

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I have heard great things about the Denon PMA720 and also the Pioneer A30. I would also like to listen to the Dali Zensor 3.... unfortunately the Mordaunt Short speakers turned out to be duds and my personal circumstances have since changed so the Kenwood amp and Pioneer cdp are in storage at the moment... most of my listening is now on my Samsung mp3 player/Pioneer headphones.

Maybe next year! :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts