New system - Advice

Matt_HiFi

May 15, 2020
Visit site
I am looking to build a new system. I currently have an old pioneer dc z93 which is long overdue for upgrade. I did buy some LTC budget floor standers for £70 on amazon as a stopgap which are ok for using the old amp in the living room for radio and TV sound, but sounds too harsh for more than casual music listening.
But now I am ready to build a new system. I like the look of the Fyne Audio f302 floorstanders and am currently looking at the Marantz PM6006 UK and Onkyo a9010 UK.
I notice that what HiFi suggest that the PM6006 will pair well with these speakers. Any thoughts on using them with the Onkyo a9010UK?
I know that the Marantz has a built in DAC but I was thinking of buying the Marantz CD6006 and pairing it with the Onkyo a9010UK which would give me the DAC anyway.
Any advice on the above thoughts appreciated.

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi Matt, you will always hear the advice to ensure you get to listen to the products together, and ideally in your own home/room, but accepting that;
Why are you considering the Onkyo a9010?
Edited, is it simply because you do not need the DAC in the Marantz, as you will just be playing CD's via the CD6006?

Last edited:

jjbomber

But now I am ready to build a new system. I like the look of the Fyne Audio f302 floorstanders and am currently looking at the Marantz PM6006 UK and Onkyo a9010 UK.

What's the difference in price? Around £120? The amp with a built-in DAC is a bit more future proof, in that it will accept digital signals from laptops, streamers etc.

Either will do a good job. If it was me (which it isn't), I'd spend the extra and go for the Marantz. Only you can decide how important those factors are.

rainsoothe

Get the Marantz amp (if you don't need an input for a USB stick - which is all that the one on the CD6006 does, in case you were thinking of connecting it to a PC or something). Also, I think the 5005 cd player is the same as the 6005, but with fewer inputs etc, and it's cheaper, if you want a disc spinner.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts