New speakers for Classé pré/power combo

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello

I'm in need of some wisdom regarding my next hifi purchase.

I have acquired a Classé pré/power combo (CP-800 - CA2100). I tried the CA2300 but it would not fit the furniture.

Now im in doubt in choosing the speakers:

I first settled for the Triangles Genése Lyrr speakers which i auditioned and loved (both in sound and looks). They are a big upgrade from my currently owned Kef Q7.

I've now seen also the Focals Electra 1028 be (which i like the looks, but never listened to them)

I can push the euros a bit more to the Focals level, but i would like to ear your opinion regarding these speakers. Are they worth pushing for over the Triangles?

Are there any other speakers you guys think are woth it at this kind of price tag? (looks are important though, must be approved by girlfriend ;) )

Waiting to ear from you.

Thanks

strikki said:
Hello

I'm in need of some wisdom regarding my next hifi purchase.

I have acquired a Classé pré/power combo (CP-800 - CA2100). I tried the CA2300 but it would not fit the furniture.

Now im in doubt in choosing the speakers:

I first settled for the Triangles Genése Lyrr speakers which i auditioned and loved (both in sound and looks). They are a big upgrade from my currently owned Kef Q7.

I've now seen also the Focals Electra 1028 be (which i like the looks, but never listened to them)

I can push the euros a bit more to the Focals level, but i would like to ear your opinion regarding these speakers. Are they worth pushing for over the Triangles?

Are there any other speakers you guys think are woth it at this kind of price tag? (looks are important though, must be approved by girlfriend ;) )

Waiting to ear from you.

Thanks

Hi strikki

In what way were the Traingle speakers a big upgrade over your KEF speakers please?

What source component/s are you using?

Interconnects and speaker cables you are using?

What do you generally listen to?

The size of your room?

Is the room lightly or heavily furnished?

Room positioning of the new speakers (distance to walls, corners, will there be anything between the speakers such as a chimney breast, cabinet, windows etc.)?

Distance between the speakers?

Listening distance?

Will anything be in the way of the speakers?

Room floor is (concrete, carpeted, marble,wooden etc.)?

Your general listening level?

With a change of speakers what kind of presentation are you looking for the system to reproduce?

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

Bodfish

Jun 25, 2009
Visit site
Bowers and Wilkins PM1. B&W and Classe have used each other as distributors (I think) for several years and Abbey Road studios use Classe to power their B&W studio set ups. Not necessarily going to mean it's a sound you like but worth an audition I'd have thought.

altruistic.lemon

Jul 25, 2011
Visit site
Martin Logan Vantage, or Spire are hard to beat in that price category, and there's the Magneplanars, of course. There's also the Sonus Faber Auditor M or, if you can run to it, the Cremona. Given the high end nature of your amplification, I'd be looking at speakers above the £ 4000 mark, but that's just me.

The Harbeths would be another thought, but girlfriend approval for their bigger boxes is unlikely, judging by the comments made when I tried to audition them!

A

Anonymous

Classe and B&W speakers go well. Am currently running a Classe CP-700 with a CA-2200 power amp, feeding B&W 805 Signatures. I've auditioned the 805s with a CAP-2100 and still sounds great. If you plan to upgrade to CA2300 or the monoblocks then you may want to hear the 803D, 804D or even the 802D!

You either love or hate the look of the 800 series. However, they were designed by the same studio as the Classe kit, so do compliment each other well. Alternatively, listen to the PM1 - they seem to also have a good review in WHF, and was also designed by Morten Warren.

Jeronimo

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Hello Alanchan,

Would you consider if the combination CAP 2100 and B&W 805s as an upgrade over the combination CAP 2100 and BW 7NT? I've a Classe CP-500 pre and CA-2100 power amp (equals CAP 2100) and can nowadays only buy 805s's second hand (without proper audiotion opportunities). Or should I go in your opinion straight up to the 800-series? Given the quality of my current combo, I'm a bit lost in what to do next (what to go for).

Best regards, Jeronimo

(Netherlands)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts