New Sky EPG

grdunn123

Sep 24, 2007
Visit site
Just got an email saying that my new EPG is on t's way. I had a Thomson HD box up until a few months back and had the new EPG for a few weeks until the box suffered a break down. Got a new Samsung box as a replacement from Sky and hope the new EPG will integrate better this time around!

GazzyP

Jul 3, 2008
Visit site
We got our new EPG on a Samsung box last week. So far so good - no grumbles to speak of, just some useful new features.

daveh75

Hopefully there shouldn't be any issue's with the new EPG on Samsung boxes as the reason the roll-out was postponed on Samsung/Amstrad boxes in the first place,was for "further development" as it was found to be unstable on them during trial.

I seriously doubt even Sky would be stupid enough to continue upgrading all the Samsung boxes over the next few weeks,which is what they're claiming, if the bug's hadn't been sorted after all the issue's the upgrade caused on Thomson boxes.

digigriffin

Sep 25, 2008
Visit site
Hdmi pass though, so you use the hdmi for sound, its only stereo?

I use hdmi pass though with my onkyo 606 but optical for the sound and this is still working ok.

I have just checked and my hdmi sound (only stereo) still works on hdmi pass though my onkyo 606 when the onkyo is in standby.

My Sky+HD is an original launch date thomson and had the new epg for some months now.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
Just had my Samsung HD updated with the new EPG early this morning to "sky+8.4.0.MultiPlatform.v3.0.0" and it's so much faster when accessing menu items.

And here's me thinking that $ky had forgotten the latest Samsung units!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts