New site is terrible for navigating...

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I hate the new site. I get emails alerting me to the new edition of the mag and I like to enter the competitions but, I get put off a lot because when I click on the link for the competition I then need to login before I can enter. This I understand and comply with but, when I login I do not get redirected to the competition page. I have complained about this before and for the life of me I can never remember the route I have to take to find the competition page again. I have said before that I see no link on the web page after I have logged in and even when I enter 'competition' in the Search box on the web site the results do not direct me to this months' competition. Another strange thing happens with the Forums page. All other forums that I am subscribed to allow me to enter a search parameter to look for something and navigate to and fro within the forum but, s when I have entered a search topic in the box, the search engine then navigates away from the forum. This is just silly and disorienting. The whole affair spoils the fun of entering the competitions for me. Can we please have a simple 'BOLD' link for the magazine competition or a 'Back to Competition page' link after logging in. It is so easy to do and would certainly enhance my experience of an alraedy very informative web site. Regards, Deke.

A

Anonymous

Just making a topic under the Forum subject heading 'About the new site...'.

John Duncan

I really must get round to changing that heading (after three years). Luckily, the new new site (which has been in gestation for, well, quite some time now, but which should finally see the light of day soon) has a helpful link on the menu entitled 'WIN', which ought to be reasonably self-explanatory.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
But the new site hasn't been implemented yet, so you're complaining about the old site (with some justification I might add...).

When you log in you can tell the site to remember who you are, so you don't have to log in each time, that might make the process a little easier.

John Duncan

Actually to be fair, the_lhc has a point, in that the only thing to do with IP addresses on the site (provided all the infrastructure works correctly) are visible only to admins, so you probably won't be able to tell on that site I just sent you, chebby
emotion-2.gif

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
It was just a passing thought posted in the middle of a very tedious 2.5 hour long compulsory IPv6 WBT course.

Yech!

I have passed with 100 percent so I can forget it all now :)

(Thanks for the email John)

I wonder how long 340 duodecillion addresses will take to exhaust? (And just who needs a networked refrigerator?)

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
JohnDuncan:....has a helpful link on the menu entitled 'WIN', which ought to be reasonably self-explanatory.

HI,

So when you click on it you win? No entry to a competition with an element of chance of winning? Where's the fun in that?
emotion-5.gif

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts