New setup help needed

stuckinazoo

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Hi

Just got my first house and treating myself to my first turntable. Being new to this and looking at the budget end of the market, I would ordinarily have picked a straightforward setup with active speakers. However, I've been gifted someone's old Linn passive speakers (stand mounted) and would like to make use of them if possible. I've got £500 to spend on a turntable (most likely Audio Technica), amp and would really like wireless headphones as well. So, what I'd like to ask is

- Can anyone recommend a good combination of turntable and amp for that budget?
- Needs to be bluetooth for headphones (and I may get wireless speakers in the future) but does the turntable need to be bluetooth or should only the amp be bluetooth and I put more money towards the fundamentals of the turntable.

gasolin

Isn't it surpose to be the amp that has bluetooth and be able to send it to a bluetooth headphone ?

Another option could be a used nad D3020, a audio technica 120 usb turntable and a unit that can sendt the signal to a bluetooth headphone, i think the bluetooth on the amp is only in not out

Reactions: Al ears
Isn't it surpose to be the amp that has bluetooth and send it to a bluetooth headphone ?

Another option could be a used nad D3020, a audio technica 120 usb turntable and a unit that can sendt the signal to a bluetooth headphone, i think the bluetooth on the amp is only in not out
You're right, unfortunately the Yamaha only has a Bluetooth receiver for streaming to it, it cannot transmit.

gasolin

You're right, unfortunately the Yamaha only has a Bluetooth receiver for streaming to it, it cannot transmit.

Must admit, i don't know any amp that can send the signal to a bluetooth headphone, usually amps is only receive not send

Im shure there are some headphone amps (headphones only) with bluetooth but that might be alot more expensive with a normal amp,a turntable and bluetooth headphones

Gray

I would give priority to the quality of TT and amp.
You can always get something like this to transmit Bluetooth:

I would give priority to the quality of TT and amp.
You can always get something like this to transmit Bluetooth:
How are these connected to the amp, may I ask?

stuckinazoo

Aug 31, 2020
Visit site
Thanks all for your replies.

I'm now being advised to consider the Rega Planar 1 https://www.smarthomesounds.co.uk/r...bV83w6x_89xFVNUxCa28aoj4b_oTxPIRoCHd0QAvD_BwE which to be fair looks a better build although I wouldn't mind having a bit more in the way of manual controls.

Also the Rega io as mentioned above which I would stretch to if I knew I could get more out of it e.g. could I stream to it and maybe connect a CD player as well?

Re the headphones, well I've been advised I could get much better sound with a wired connection so I suppose wireless isn't essential. It just would have been nice to have one set that I could move between TV use and hi-fi use. Any thoughts?

Gray

Thanks all for your replies.

I'm now being advised to consider the Rega Planar 1 https://www.smarthomesounds.co.uk/r...bV83w6x_89xFVNUxCa28aoj4b_oTxPIRoCHd0QAvD_BwE which to be fair looks a better build although I wouldn't mind having a bit more in the way of manual controls.

Also the Rega io as mentioned above which I would stretch to if I knew I could get more out of it e.g. could I stream to it and maybe connect a CD player as well?
You're right, you could connect a streamer and a CD player in addition to the turntable.
Like you, I'd be going for wired headphones - even though you will swear when you stand up with your foot on the wire.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts