New Rotel 15 Series Reviews?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'd just wondered if the What Hi-Fi team had plans to review the soon to be released 2 channel Hi-Fi products from Rotel's new 15 series range?

I was looking to buy the 130 WPC RB-1070 power amp to partner with my B&W 685's until I learned that the whole 10 series range has been discontinued (although it still shows on their website) and I'd just assumed the 15 series was a new line of AV kit (which I'm not really into). So I emailed Rotel to try and get a clearer picture of what's going on, as the only other option apparent was one of the 15 series class D power amps.

Anyway, I received a speedy reply from a nice man at Rotel explaining that the new AV equipment was just the first phase of the 15 series' release and the dedicated 2 channel Hi-Fi kit will follow around march/april time and will consist of a slot-loading CD player to replace the RCD-1072, two new traditional class A/B amplifiers (RB-1552 and RB-1582 which replace the RB-1070 and RB-1080) as well as the relavent pre-amps and a tuner.

Just thought I'd share my findings anyway as I'm sure it's news to a few others just as it was to me! And considering how popular the B&W/Rotel combo is I hope this helped if anyone else is currently in the same boat with buying Rotel at the minute...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Yep, we're due a whole host of Rotel kit - as soon as we get it, you'll be reading the reviews (well, leaving time in between for the testing, obviously....).

Not sure exactly what's first up from the new Rotel range to be reviewed, but i['m sure Simon Lucas (First Tests Editor) would be able to be more precise....

A

Anonymous

Cool!
emotion-2.gif
Looking forward to that then as I think the new stuff looks gorgeous (in black).

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
The new two-channel stuff will come after the home cinema gear - the RSX-1550 multichannel receiver is in the current issue, and the RSX-1560 will be reviewed next. All the stereo stuff will follow as soon as it's available.

A

Anonymous

Looking forward to this. Rotel are very, very good at producing decent, budget hifi separates that perform amazingly in my experience. I've heard a lot of integrated amps over the years and the RA-03 stuns me for the money. The tonal balance absolutely trounces everything else at the price. OK, the midrange lacks a little but I'd rather a natural balance than detail.

A

Anonymous

I own a couple of Rotel products and have been very happy with them. The Receiver I have is a bit dated from an options point of view; but it sounds great for a receiver. I also have a Rotel DVD player and the picture and sound are great. It will be a treat to see some new Rotel products.

Don Jr

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
Hi Simon. I was wondering if you've come across any of the new 2 channel Rotel gear kicking around the floor anywhere. I was hoping to see another (read the RA-1520) review, possibly the RCD1520 CDP.

A

Anonymous

love the look of thr new rotel products and will soon be in the market for upgrade. however i have been told that they are not great partnered with my speakers MA RS8, shame because they are the best looking equipment in the shops.

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
The RA-1520 helds it's own against some pretty stiff (and more expensive) competition in the recent Amp group test.

http://whathifi.com/Review/Rotel-RA-1520/

I'll be interested to see the review for the RCD-1520 and maybe a group test against similar priced CD/Amp combo's would reveal some interesting results.

TRENDING THREADS