New Rega Elex-R amplifier.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Rega Elex-R

11055.jpg

£898

Nothing on Rega's website yet.

A Google search seems to show that everyone else (and his brother) knows about it by now, it so we might as well have a look at it too.

plastic penguin said:
chebby said:
Rega Elex-R

11055.jpg

£898

Nothing on Rega's website yet.

A Google search seems to show that everyone else (and his brother) knows about it by now, it so we might as well have a look at it too.

Is this a direct replacement for the Brio-R?

Hi plastic penguin

No. The Elex-R plugs the gap between the Brio-R and the Elicit-R
smiley-smile.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
3 confirmed faulty Elicit Rs

1, Quinscent current fault

2, Buzzing transformer

3, No LH channel on phono satge

4, Quinscent current fault (Rega never confirmed or got back to me regarding this) after the 4th I got a refund and bought the ST40

I am with Chebby on this! In the last 24hrs on PFM and the Wam there are posts regarding a faulty Apollo R and TT PSU - there is just too many faulty products for me to reccomend to anyone.

I like Rega products and have thoroughyl enjoyed them, I am not slating the after sales, the service from Paul Darwin has been excellent but I really think they need to look at their Quality Control as it really is going to hurt them.

csq2

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I predict this would sound better than the Elicit-R and Brio-R. It should have the musicality, smoothness of the Brio-R with the power and excitement of the Elicit-R. Rega should have released this sooner. There is a high demand of amps in the 900 pound category.

paul darwin

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Stevebrock,

I think it is appropriate that now is the time to set the record straight with regards your Elicit R amplifiers, the first one you returned to us we struggled to find any fault with, but in deference to you, as the customer, studied the amplifier in microscopic detail and accepted there was a tiny tiny discrepancy with regards to quiescent current (which could not have accounted for the sound degradation that you claimed) and replaced. The second was no fault found as bourne out by the dealer. The third did indeed have a dry joint on the phono board, and the fourth was again no fault found, again bourne out by the dealer.

We, and our dealer / dealers have done everything to ensure that you are happy with our products as we would with all our customers but occasionally we are unable to either meet your / their expectations for whatever reason.

I find it irksome that you trumpet, on this forum, a problem with an Apollo R CD player that we have serviced, replaced a mechanism and a front fascia all free of charge for a customer who bought it second hand whilst singing our praises on another.

We will always do the very best we can for all of our customers, sadly we may not always suceed.

Paul Darwin

Rega Research

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Forgive me Paul but I stand firm - The first was confirmed to me by the dealer as a Quinscent current fault, and when my amp was A/B demoed in the there demo room with a Naim CDX5 and Kudos speakers the fault with my amp was clearly apparent within 10 seconds to the owner. I know the amp was off - initially I bought a new cartridge for my TT as i thought it was shot - I know how my system sounds - and this had been bugging me for weeks. I was so relieved when Peter could hear the fault too.

The 2nd amp, in my room at home whilst in the seating postion emitted an audible hum - I could not live with this considering the pirce on the thing.

The 3rd amp had a missing channel on the phono stage.

With regards to the 4th amp, I never recieved any feedback.

I admire you for coming on to this forum, and applaud you on repairing various units FOC, out of warranty, different owners etc I was just stating facts.

You only have to have a look at my sig to see I have been a very loyal customer - but recently I have lost a little faith in the quality of the product.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In not so many words Steve, you are the worst fanboy evah! Dude!
grin.gif

And I still cant believe you gave up the hurting Elicit-R for a bulb amp. I would have kept it forever since Paul Darwin's sweat, blood and tears (not to mention curses) were embedded in it. And I'm not even brittish. For shame! :read:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Vladimir said:
In not so many words Steve, you are the worst fanboy evah! Dude!
grin.gif

And I still cant believe you gave up the hurting Elicit-R for a bulb amp. I would have kept it forever since Paul Darwin's sweat, blood and tears (not to mention curses) were embedded in it. And I'm not even brittish. For shame! :read:

Nothing I wanted more to have an Elciit - it didnt work out - sorry

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Maybe Paul is fed up because you keep going on about it? You've mentioned your Rega woes several times in several threads and you pop up in this one (which is supposed to be a 'positive' thread) to go on about it yet again - this time with added bold text for emphasis.

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
MakkaPakka said:
Maybe Paul is fed up because you keep going on about it? You've mentioned your Rega woes several times in several threads and you pop up in this one (which is supposed to be a 'positive' thread) to go on about it yet again - this time with added bold text for emphasis.

paul fed up?

Right so its ok to pay £1600 for an amp that had to be replaced several times, 4/5 60 mile round trips wasting my time, the dealers time, fuel etc etc - I stuck with it for quite long enough! I was fed up too !

I actually think I have not yet got over it - I am still grieving cos I loved that amp, but it was like my ex wife - when she was good it was heaven - but the good times didnt last long :):):):):):):)

I need counselling

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Such is life. Anywho, on with the games! :bounce:

Among the specifications quoted for the Elex-R are:

- 72 watts into 8Ω, 90watts into 6Ω

- Four line inputs, preamp out and record out

- High-specification integrated phono stage (MM)

- Full-width case with improved heat dissipation

- New custom transformer

- Combined feedback and passive volume control preamp

- Enhanced power supplies for the driver stage

- Dedicated mini remote handset

Looking good so far. IMO its the best looking amp in the price group. The Creek is too nice, I prefer black alchemist looks.

Rega-Elex-R_front.jpg

Rega-Elex-R_part.jpg

No nudies online that I can find. :cry:

MakkaPakka

May 25, 2013
Visit site
..and I seem to remember Paul was full of apologies and doing everything he could to sort it out. I don't understand what you're hoping to achieve by repeating the story again unless you want to tarnish Rega's name (a few 'positive' comments on the end about Rega being nice people doesn't divert from effectively telling people never to buy their products).

If you got something wrong, held your hands up to it, apologised and did your very best to sort it would you think it fair that you're still being criticised for it months later when the case is closed and nothing can be done about it?

If you think Rega owes you petrol money then maybe take that up with them but you've had your say on the matter very publicly (and I can understand why you did so) but now, the story is being trotted out yet again it seems like you have an axe to grind and will reach for that axe whenever you can.

In my humble opinion, you either take up whatever outstanding issues there are with Rega - or move on.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts