new ps3 slim

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi folks well i have a old 60gig ps3,just done the new software update.well all looks nice.New additions bbci player new interface.but i can comfirm that it will not bitstream dolby hd or dts hd master audio.new video store launches in november 2009.with 1 free hd film to down load and try.it wll use the acvhd video format with dolbydigital + sound.vidzone will also offer selected hd videos as well looks like a good christmas for ps3.

A

Anonymous

i down loaded the update this morning then put a blu-ray in still said multichannel on my amp, but did'nt have much time to look into what else had changed

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Yup, just tried it myself and DTS HD MA and Dolby TrueHD soundtracks still come out as DTS and Dolby Digital soundtracks respectively when in Bitstream mode.

The direct link BBC iPlayer is good, you can now at least start watching a programme through it full screen only using the Bluetooth remote, though from the quick play I've had so far, if you pause it, it then goes small screen and can't be made full screen again without getting the PS3 controller out which is annoying (will update if I find a way round this). Other new features include making the XMB options much larger on the screen - not sure I agree with this 100% aesthetically but it does at least make the options easier to read.

One improvement some people might like is the ability to now send audio out of two of the outputs at once - this could be good for some people e.g. if you wanted to send audio via HDMI so you can use PS3 on a day to day basis using TV speakers, but also wanted audio via the optical out if you want to send Dolby Digital / DTS to an amp for movies. You can now do this without having to switch the output in the menu setting each time - I know at least one my friends will like this feature!

A

Anonymous

Yes. the multiple audio outputs make my life a little easier. I can run the HDMI to my TV and the AV Audio lead to the my amplifier and not have to worry about switching them over. Handy that.

A

Anonymous

Ok, so I take it that it's just me who can't get iPlayer to work? When I find something I'd like to watch, I click on the play symbol nothing happens. I get nothing when I clcik on program info or more eppisodes either. Anyone?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the updates guys. Is the BBC iPlayer picture/sound noticeably improved any? Is it as good as or better than a PC? I currently stream to my iPhone and quality can be pretty poor.

Thanks!

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Bbc i player is watchable.hopefully hd will be here with another update,streamed fine with my upto 20meg cable connection.you will find the bbc iplayer under the video section on the ps3s xmb(cross media bar)shame it does not bitstream hd audio codecs on the older ps3s but there again it makes no diffrence to sound anyway.dont sit there watching my amp lol.video pic is ok but not brill,but there angain,i saw a mates iplayer through virgin and was not impressed nor with itv player.but thats just what i thought.

A

Anonymous

professorhat:

The direct link BBC iPlayer is good, you can now at least start watching a programme through it full screen only using the Bluetooth remote, though from the quick play I've had so far, if you pause it, it then goes small screen and can't be made full screen again without getting the PS3 controller out which is annoying (will update if I find a way round this). O

Have you actually managed to pause it with the remote, or did you mean that when you press pause it just reverts to the small windows but keeps playing? Because that's what it does on mine. How daft is that. I had Javascript off on my browser which cocked up iPlayer by the way so anybody as stupid as me make sure you turn that on before using it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts