New Projector - 1080p??

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Good Afternoon all,

I'm currently in the market for a new projector and have my eye on the IN82 award winner. However, I'm having trouble justifying the cost.

Has anyone seen the new AE2000 projector from Panasonic? Its £1000 cheaper and also offers 1080p.

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a fixed screen. Beamax are my current choice.

Any help or other advice is appreciated.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
The IN82 is a stupendous projector - far, far better value than a flatscreen for the money!

But if you really can't stretch to it, try the Themescene HD80 - great for the money, too.

Re the Pana - we'll be running an exclusive review of the new Panasonic AE2000 projector in our January issue, out 13th December. Will be interesting to see how it compares to the two above.

Re screens - check out Planar, too - the X screen range of high-gain screens are useful if you don't want to use your projector in a totally blacked-out room.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your response Claire. I'm going to struggle wait until Dec 13th at this rate!

I'm going to demo the IN82 against a IN76 tomorrow. Hopefully I'll be blown away enough to warrant an immediate purchase.

I'll take a look at the planar screens as well as you're not the only person I've heard singin their praises.

Thanks again

A

Anonymous

After hours of researching the IN82, I ended up coming home with the IN78 HD Ready projector instead!

Amazingly, side by side with IN82 the difference in picture quality was minimal, even with a 1080p Blu-ray on show.

Either way, does anyone have any advice on what setting to output PS3/Blu-ray into a 720p prjector? I'd imagine that setting the outputs to 720p to match would be best, or would it be better to try to push through a 1080p signal?

Thanks all

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts