New Project!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
The lounge has just got rid of a big CRT and am looking to replace it with a new set up, the lounge is 7m x 4m

Here are my thoughts

Sony 46Z4500 ( Gulp!...Clouding issues? Clare, I await your forthcoming test) or Pioneer 5090, or await the new panny50"

Sony 2400 or 3400 Receiver

Kef 3500SE or B & W MT-30 package....Q Is the price difference justified and what should I expect to pay for either style speaker package in the current climate ..credit crunch, 15% VAT et all..

To put some meat on the bones so to speak I will be Using Sky HD and a Sony BDPS 550 as my viewing sources and do not require music to be played through any of the components.I have to have a style speaker package due to already having some in your face speakers with my other system.

p.s. Wife is very understanding although shoe and boot wish list has just gone through the roof....

Thanking you in advance.... please help!
emotion-42.gif

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
Whats your total budget, from there you can set a side a portion for each bit of equpiment. I would go for whats currently reviewed and the Pioneer plasma is a great starting point now at £2099. With that in mind if your budget allows it the Pioneer SC-LX81 and B&W MT30 for £2799 at Sevenoaks. Or another good deal would be Onkyo 606 and Kef 3005se for £1099 a steal makes the amp £100.

A

Anonymous

Total Budget is a really tough one, I always end up spending more than I want to!

I guess total would be £3000+ ish, the choice is whether I spend as much as £2099 on the Pioneer 5090 and take more of a compromise on the Amp and speaker package or spend more like £1650 on the Sony Z4500 which would leave more for the Amp and speakers. I will have additional funds available for the cabling i.e.10%

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts