New Panny range to have component inputs?

Dazmb

Aug 26, 2007
Visit site
I guess the manufacturers are only interested in HD/HDMI, so may think component is a bit quaint. But that's my DVD players best output so I need to use it. Do we know if the new Panny 08 range has it? I hope it's not an easy cost cut for them to remove it. Btw, I was in Currys' today looking at the best of the 07 models. They had the LXD70 side by side with the Sony D3000. I have to say the Panny running a HDMI inputted test disc of some Pixar movie looked poor. The Sony running one of the Lord Of The Rings movies looked much better.

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Did you swap discs about? Did you check settings on both sets to see they were (about) equal? Currys are not renowned for having TV's at realistic levels or all sets at the same settings. Only an equal test if you had checked...

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="Dazmb"]I guess the manufacturers are only interested in HD/HDMI, so may think component is a bit quaint. But that's my DVD players best output so I need to use it. Do we know if the new Panny 08 range has it? I hope it's not an easy cost cut for them to remove it.

[/quote]

I'll need to check the specs when i'm back in the office - pretty sure they will have it, though. However, if you can afford a new TV, i'd strongly suggest a new HD player or upscaling disc player to go with it: otherwise you're not going to be getting the best from your investment.

I'd also agree with the comment re set-up - the Panasonic is a superior set when correctly calibrated/fed.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts