New Panasonic 4K TV is a winner!

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dx902-tx-65dx902b-uhd-4k-tv-review.12385

Most impressive led review yet? Has to be. It won't go on my stand though!

jjbomber

gel said:
https://www.avforums.com/review/panasonic-dx902-tx-65dx902b-uhd-4k-tv-review.12385

After you've been quiet for the last week, I'm just glad to see you on here posting Gel. Your absence had me worried.

D

Deleted member 2457

jjbomber said:
gel said:

After you've been quiet for the last week, I'm just glad to see you on here posting Gel. Your absence had me worried.
I am okay mate - cheers. Just taking a rest.

D

Deleted member 2457

42.5kg weight with stand!

https://www.hsound.co.uk/product/panasonic-tx-65dx902b-tv/

'Why so heavy?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Maybe its 65 inches must weigh 42.5 kg in order to be possibly the best LED-lit LCD television so far?

Anyway, that's not particularly heavy - Panasonic's last (mid-2013) and equal biggest domestic plasma, my TX-P65VT65B, weighs 50.5 kg, including desktop stand.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Maybe its 65 inches must weigh 42.5 kg in order to be possibly the best LED-lit LCD television so far?

Anyway, that's not particularly heavy - Panasonic's last (mid-2013) and equal biggest domestic plasma, my TX-P65VT65B, weighs 50.5 kg, including desktop stand.
Yikes!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
And I forgot to mention that my 50.5 kg Panasonic 65VT65 lived very happily (until 10 days ago, when it was demoted to the kitchen) on the Optimum AV300 stand, the same as yours ...... But in conclusion to a side issue of this thread, two plasma generations previous to mine, the Panasonic 65VT30 weighed 56 kg!

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
And I forgot to mention that my 50.5 kg Panasonic 65VT65 lived very happily (until 10 days ago, when it was demoted to the kitchen) on the Optimum AV300 stand, the same as yours ...... But in conclusion to a side issue of this thread, two plasma generations previous to mine, the Panasonic 65VT30 weighed 56 kg!
What's on the Optimum AV300 now then?

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Getting back to the new Panasonic TX-65DX902B, it is clearly a wonderful machine, but I have three complaints against it:

1. The very wide desktop stand - couldn't they make a sensible stand, like on the VT65 and ZT65 plasmas?

2. Somehow, the television slopes back slightly - just like the Hisense 65" set. What's wrong with exactly upright??

3. It doesn't come in a 75-inch size. Or a 50" size, for that matter.

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:
Getting back to the new Panasonic TX-65DX902B, it is clearly a wonderful machine, but I have three complaints against it:

1. The very wide desktop stand - couldn't they make a sensible stand, like on the VT65 and ZT65 plasmas?

2. Somehow, the television slopes back slightly - just like the Hisense 65" set. What's wrong with exactly upright??

3. It doesn't come in a 75-inch size. Or a 50" size, for that matter.
58 inches though? Congrats on the Sony!

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
simonali said:
Saw one of these in C***ys the other day. Three thousand quid! *shok*

I presume for the 65" size? On AVForums, the Panasonic DX902 is considered to be quite reasonably priced - compared with, for instance, the Samsung 9000 and 9500 SUHD televisions when they were released in spring 2015.

simonali

Aug 8, 2006
Visit site
It was a 65, yes and good looking, too. Obviously they weren't making the most of it.

Back in the days of Panny (dunno why I wrote that, I hate that word!) plasmas Panasonic had their own section in the store, but this one was just stuck randomly in the middle of some other big screens and I only really noticed it because the design stuck out as newer than the others. Just the LG OLEDs have their own bit now and they only have two models in there, both 4K 55", one bent, one straight...

D

Deleted member 2457

simonali said:
It was a 65, yes and good looking, too. Obviously they weren't making the most of it.

Back in the days of Panny (dunno why I wrote that, I hate that word!) plasmas Panasonic had their own section in the store, but this one was just stuck randomly in the middle of some other big screens and I only really noticed it because the design stuck out as newer than the others. Just the LG OLEDs have their own bit now and they only have two models in there, both 4K 55", one bent, one straight...
One bent. *smile*

D

Deleted member 2457

Saw the 58-inch in Costco today, looked crappy on THX, very dull.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts