New Members Required

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Mods. This forum really isn't a pleasant place to post anymore.

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

Did you read my post?

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

I'm not going (again), but I was wondering how much longer some of us have to suffer personal attacks before you decide enough is enough?

I won't engage in any kind of argument with him, despite the personal attacks, but others seem to keep feeding him, and the enjoyment of this forum is decreasing by the day for myself, and I'm guessing many others.

Ben seems to have gone, Strapped has definitely gone, and I suppose it won't be long before many others also leave.

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend.

* as in, some of it co-incides with mine!!!

You're wrong Charlie, I'm an absolute tart.
grin.gif

I like your ideas on music too Charlie, so much so, that I asked my mate (who also shares your good taste) from Leeds if he knew you.

A long shot I know, but you'll never guess what.........he's never heard of you.
grin.gif

I'm not going yet Charlie, but when all of the enjoyment has gone, why stay? Let's see...

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
cloverleaf146 said:
The_Lhc said:
cloverleaf146 said:
Unfortunately there are some members on the "sensitive" side, who rather ironically feel they should be able to ethnically cleanse all those other members whose views they disagree with.

You mean like jjbomber who ran off because someone said something uncomplimentary about Margaret?

I would count that more as a dignified withdrawal.

I wasn't expecting you to agree with me...

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

BBB, I surmise you're not the kind of bloke to fish for compliments and niceties but you've got to stay here. You've got musical taste*, my friend.

grin.gif

I like your ideas on music too Charlie, so much so, that I asked my mate (who also shares your good taste) from Leeds if he knew you.

A long shot I know, but you'll never guess what.........he's never heard of you.
grin.gif

I'm not going yet Charlie, but when all of the enjoyment has gone, why stay? Let's see...

Glad to hear you're hanging around, at least for a little while longer, you old dilettante!!

As for your long shot, I'm currently a denizen of Wakefield near Leeds. And my online name, like your own I presume, is slightly different to my real one. As my wife often says, I'm not really worth knowing. I'm sure she loves me really.

Keep the pithy comments coming and the cool music mentions

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

John Duncan said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Did you read my post?

Yes John.

But it seems to me a case of (still not quite) closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

grin.gif

grin.gif

Glad to hear you're hanging around, at least for a little while longer, you old dilettante!!

As for your long shot, I'm currently a denizen of Wakefield near Leeds. And my online name, like your own I presume, is slightly different to my real one. As my wife often says, I'm not really worth knowing. I'm sure she loves me really.

I had to look dilettante up (and denizen).
smile.png

A person who claims an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.A person with an amateur interest in the arts.
1 or 2 Charlie?

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
John Duncan said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Did you read my post?

Yes John.

But it seems to me a case of (still not quite) closing the stable door after the horse has bolted.

Good grief guys..... do NOT leave.....

I like many others on here look up to you folk... c'mon stick around... all forums have their problems......

Decent types are valued all over The World...... we NEED guys like you are... heads FULL of Most interesting thoughts&ideas AND experiences...ya know the RIGHT thing to do is NOT to leave...... plz :pray:

Alantiggger

Oct 14, 2007
Visit site
MajorFubar said:
Absolutely WHS ^^^. Do you want the forum to be left only populated by idiots like me or what?

Oh man, MOST on here if not ALL know far more than dorks like myself (yep, I'm a dork when I see all the brilliant 'thing's many on here know)

Plz do not leave the forum..... I am learing things every day.... most are real nice people too.... stay.

A

Anonymous

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

Absolute quality. From the man who has been dancing on the grave of a recently deceased old lady, and referring to her ar the "Evil Dead".

Very pleasant of you Bernard, very pleasant......:wall:

Charlie Jefferson

Sep 2, 2007
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
Charlie Jefferson said:
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:

grin.gif

grin.gif

I had to look dilettante up (and denizen).
smile.png

A person who claims an area of interest, such as the arts, without real commitment or knowledge.A person with an amateur interest in the arts.
1 or 2 Charlie?

You'd have to tell me, BBB.

I'm sure you rise above amateur in many regards. I just wish I did too.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

John Duncan said:
"Where there is discord, may we find harmony" In other words, cloverleaf146, any more EDITED from you and you're out. I read The Times, btw.

Well, the insults are still coming John, and he's still here.

I'll be back when the poison has left the system.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts