New Marantz...

manicm

I was considering a Quad Vena, but since that is not yet obtainable to me, this might be the better thing...and it's bloody gorgeous.

http://andreweverard.com/2015/12/21/review-marantz-hd-amp1-is-a-classic-in-the-making/

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting that they've decided to expand o. The HD-DAC1 and make an amp in the series. Wonder what else they might be considering.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Paulq said:
That does look very nice indeed. If they launch a Network Player (with a decent control app, the current one is woeful) then that would be tempting.

My guess from the form factor, etc. is that this series has in mind desktop systems using a computer as a source, so a streamer seems unlikely, but you never know.

tino

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Very nice and en vogue with the trend for downsized bijoux systems. Shame they couldn't fit in some networking capability or Bluetooth. I wonder how similar the internals are to the Denon PMA-50 and PRA-100?

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
It reads very well and seems versatile. Hypex modules too but very low powered ones. KI input is great.

I prefer the less ostentatious look of the Quad but many will probably disagree.

manicm

ID. said:
Paulq said:
That does look very nice indeed.  If they launch a Network Player (with a decent control app, the current one is woeful) then that would be tempting.

My guess from the form factor, etc. is that this series has in mind desktop systems using a computer as a source, so a streamer seems unlikely, but you never know. 

The HD-DAC1 in the series caters for the pc/headphone market.

The Amp1 seems a hifi proposition to me, with a built-in digital amp, and playback with DSD capability through both usb-b and usb-a. So I think a streamer component seems inevitable actually.

Paulq

Dec 2, 2007
Visit site
manicm said:
The HD-DAC1 in the series caters for the pc/headphone market.

The Amp1 seems a hifi proposition to me, with a built-in digital amp, and playback with DSD capability through both usb-b and usb-a. So I think a streamer component seems inevitable actually.

From what I have read since earlier it looks extremely likely.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Interesting. Just read the Japanese press release and early articles on it. Seems it's not just targeting desktop use, but rather flexible use. In which case I wonder whether a compact compact disc player may also appear at some stage. Tuned with B&W speakers, especially speakers like the CM1s2 with a compact system in mind. They seem to think that although the form factor might make consumers assume use as a desktop system it performs way beyond that. In one Marantz demo photo they had it paired with CM9s2, although there was no description of how this pairing worked.

Personally I'd still place it in the NAD 3020D class in terms of how I'd use it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts