New iPad WiFi issues

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
My new iPad is getting a much weaker wifi signal than my iphone ever did.

It is also dropping the signal completely on an intermittent basis whilst my phone keeps 2 bars.

This is now being reported across quite a few apple forums https://discussions.apple.com/message/17922269?tstart=0#17922269.

Is anybody else getting similar issues?

It is the 16Gb wifi only version - and this is still a problem even in a case so I don't think it is the 'grip of death' :mad:

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Xanderzdad said:
My new iPad is getting a much weaker wifi signal than my iphone ever did.

It is also dropping the signal completely on an intermittent basis whilst my phone keeps 2 bars.

This is now being reported across quite a few apple forums https://discussions.apple.com/message/17922269?tstart=0#17922269.

Is anybody else getting similar issues?

It is the 16Gb wifi only version - and this is still a problem even in a case so I don't think it is the 'grip of death' :mad:

Maybe an iOS 5.1 issue, rather than the new iPad - my iPad2 has certainly been more flaky with wi-fi since I upgraded to the new OS :-(

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Paul Hobbs said:
Does this fix it?

http://www.cultofmac.com/155185/wi-fi-issues-on-your-new-ipad-try-this-simple-fix-ios-tips/

Cheers - I didn't find that one earlier. I have tried it but the signal still appears the same strength as before. Stength suddenly drops off where I can get something reasonable on my iPhone 3GS.

I will have to wait to see if the signal drops completely on a random basis as before.

Paul.

Xanderzdad said:
Paul Hobbs: I know you like your photography and I have never seen photo's look as good as they do on the new screen!

I'm sure it is! That's why I'm staying well clear of the Apple store! I'm getting married this year so am resisting temptation to spend on non essentials. Doesn't help that my Mum has just gotten one for her birthday...

AnotherJoe

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be a rather hot topic on the Apple support forums right now. People are complaing that their new Ipad doesnt get a wifi signal, even though their mac/iphone sitting next to it does.

A

Anonymous

There is a fix. Forget the network then re-setup. Voila. worked for me.
smiley-cool.gif

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Sorry for the dealy in replying Graham_Thomas but I've been out the country for 2 weeks.

I tried that fix on day one to no avail I'm afraid. It is now a recognised problem by Apple who are offering a free exchange. I have also moved my router as the problem is worse at the further reaches of the wifi.

I have took my iPad back to Tesco as they had a 10 day no quibble returns policy. I am seriously considering having another try though as I really miss it! :cry:

Xanderzdad

Jun 25, 2008
Visit site
Hi John

It appears to be an issue with wifi only versions of ipad 3 only.

Apple won't acknowledge source of problem but are offering free exchanges on affected models.

Seems to be totally unrelated to software/firmware.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts