Wifi ideas for bathroom setup please.

Benpearce

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

I am just about to install a new bathroom and want to install a wireless audio system.

I have seen some Monitor Audio CT165-T2 speakers which look good for what I need.

So, here comes the wifi bit. How would I get these connected to a wireless system so I can play music via iPhone/iPad?

Would something like a Sonos Amp work here? I'm kind of lost after that.

My router is downstairs and hasn't got the oompfh to get a signal upstairs. Guessing I'll need to get another router upstairs for this to work?

Any ideas/help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Ben

skippy

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Benpearce said:
Hi all

I am just about to install a new bathroom and want to install a wireless audio system.

I have seen some Monitor Audio CT165-T2 speakers which look good for what I need.

So, here comes the wifi bit. How would I get these connected to a wireless system so I can play music via iPhone/iPad?

Would something like a Sonos Amp work here? I'm kind of lost after that.

My router is downstairs and hasn't got the oompfh to get a signal upstairs. Guessing I'll need to get another router upstairs for this to work?

Any ideas/help would be gratefully received.

Regards

Ben

Going with your original idea, you could get the connect:amp and install this in a room/airing cupboard near to the bathroom and wire your speakers to it.

Then all you'd need is the Sonos bridge plugged into your router downstairs.

mmg

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
skippy said:
Going with your original idea, you could get the connect:amp and install this in a room/airing cupboard near to the bathroom and wire your speakers to it.

Then all you'd need is the Sonos bridge plugged into your router downstairs.

Depends on how he wants to control his Sonos system: if he will be using an iOS device, he will still need to get the wirless signal from his router upstairs. Also, if his wireless router isn't powerful enough to get the wireless signal upstairs, it is possible that a bridge will also fail to get the signal into the bathroom.

A possible solution for this would be to use powerlines that send out wirelessly. This way you can connect the Connect:AMP to the powerline via a cable and the powerline will also give you the wireless signal you need to control the Sonos. No need for a Brigde in this scenario.

AlmaataKZ

Jan 7, 2009
Visit site
I successfully use multiroom airplay with an airport express and small ipod dock, both powered from a shaver socket and located high out of reach on top of a cupboard.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts