New guy here and one question

clarkliu

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I am new here. I got one question for you guys~

I am considering to buy a pair of Hifi speakers and I have limited budget. So, I am choosing from KEF Q300 and Monitor Audio Bronze2. The dealer's price here are the same. So, my question is that if they have the same price, which one is the better choice? (My amplifier is tube type and max power output is 50wx2)

Thanks.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Nobody can answer that question for you, go to the dealer and listen to both pairs, ideally with the amplifier you'll be using them with and make your decision based on which you prefer.

clarkliu

Jan 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, and I will go there but the room is much larger than mine. So, I want some personal opinion. And I know they don't have much differences performance wise. The price is about $450 (USD) for both and all made in China I believe.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
clarkliu said:
Thanks,  and I will go there but the room is much larger than mine. So, I want some personal opinion. And I know they don't have much differences performance wise. The price is about $450 (USD) for both and all made in China I believe.

But seems you ask: my personal opinion is that the kefs kick the monitor audios ass

unhalfbricking

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
As a proud owner of KEF Q-300 speakers myself, I would describe them as being very lively, punchy engaging speakers with a real 'three-dimensional' sound and wide soundstage. The music really 'leaps off the page'. Mid-range is detailed and dynamic and there is plenty of bottom end. The WHF review had some minor criticism for a 'thin, delicate' treble, coming from their metal dome tweeters, but I think if you match them with the right amplifier and source (and maybe steer clear of silver plated copper cable) this shouldn't be an issue.

I've not made a direct comparison with the MAs you mention, but if you like plenty of 'involvement' from your speakers the KEFs are strong contenders.

knaithrover

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
As a former Q300 owner I would say they are excellent speakers with a wide wide soundstage being their biggest selling point. The only criticism I would forward (and the reason I sold them on) is that they do nothing at all at low volumes, everything just disappears and they sound like a clock radio. Brilliant at mid to high volumes though. They were the same with Arcam/Marantz/Nad amps so problem to my ears wasn't amp specific.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts