New Elac debut 3,Kef Q meta and Q acoustics 3000 c which is best

gasolin

New Elac debut 3

New kef Q Meta

New Q Acoustics 3000c

Which is best ?

Any what hifi reviews ?

Any upcoming speakers in the same price range ? Monitor Audio Bronze ? (released in 2020), dali spektor ? (spektor 1 is discontinued which whathifi reviewed in 2017)......

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi, as new Kef Q series is positioned higher in hierarchy of speaker market, they should be better than entry range of Q Acoustics and Elac. Their "evergreen" competitor is Bowers@Wilkins 600 range and here it will be interesting. Very interesting is new member of family Q, Q Concerto Meta, bookshelf for around 1200 eur. Here, I think B@W will have to come with something special. I expect big sound improvement from previous gen. to this new Q Meta generation. For sure it will be very well spent money on speakers. BR.

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Q Concerto Meta costs almost the same as the ls50 meta

I don't like at all the highs from the B&W 600 the S3 is better but fare from perfect

That is the biggest problem with B&W, HIGHS

Bowers & Wilkins 705 S3 https://www.stereophile.com/content/bowers-wilkins-705-s3-loudspeaker-measurements

View attachment 7488
Yes you are right.

LS 50 Meta is more state of the art small two way speaker, new Q Concerto is more universal 3 way speaker with more bass . Q Concerto will not be so punishing to system flaws like LS 50 or R line. With more "easygoing character, less analytic than older models" this is to be very popular line, I am sure. Kef has hit the nail on its head here.

I am not a fan of B@W, I am sorry. BR.

The KEF new Q range was only announced a few days ago. Wouldn’t be surprised to see some early reviews in the next month or so.

It’s hard to keep up these days. The previous Q series had been around much longer than the previous QA 30x0i series. I’m less familiar with the Elac.

gasolin

Hard to wait for reviews and also when available to purchase, if looking for new speakers

One place in denmar thay say delivery 1-2 dasy for kef Q Meta

Must admit i still hate the ring around the q acoustics and the logo on top of the kef Q metas like audiovector

gasolin

Some speakers (kef q Meta) takes 2-5 weeks to get = no one has them so you can listen to them

Also why announcing them if you can't get it no earlier than 2-.5 weeks

That's like selling winter cloth when it's way to hot for that or new cpus,gpu they usually announcing some month before you actually can buy them, besides the hype, why ?

Some speakers (kef q Meta) takes 2-5 weeks to get = no one has them so you can listen to them

Also why announcing them if you can't get it no earlier than 2-.5 weeks

That's like selling winter cloth when it's way to hot for that or new cpus,gpu they usually announcing some month before you actually can buy them, besides the hype, why ?
Over here in GB they said the Concerto Meta was available immediately, and the rest would follow. I can’t now findthe email they sent, but it was quite clear.

It’s no different in my experience with TVs, cars, or any other domestic appliance, the announcement of new items precedes availability by some weeks or months. The good thing with KEF is it’s almost possible to imagine what they’ll sound like as they tend to all perform in a similar fashion, with increasing refinement as one ascends through Q, R, Reference, Blade ranges.

Last edited:
Reactions: DougK1

TRENDING THREADS